Editing a post
Last night I posted two pictures in the 'Humor' thread, after posting I realized one could be considered political so I did the full edit option and deleted it. My  entire post was removed, the other picture was not in any way political. 

Bob responded in an email that the picture I had deleted was the one he considered inappropriate. Fine, but my question is ; if I delete a picture do the moderators still see the entire post? It's not a big deal, I'm just curious why the picture would show on anyones screen after I deleted it.

Rob
Add Thank You Reply
(04-20-2017, 03:09 PM)Gunny Wrote: I'm just curious why the picture would show on anyones screen after I deleted it.
Hey Rob, depending on software used for any particular forum, there is usually a restore option for moderators and admins. But they should also see that it had been deleted, therefore any further comment would not have been necessary. Once deleted, it is out of the public eye. 
At least that's the way it is on most forums I have modded on, and currently do moderate on.
Doing the Van thing since the early eighties.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Ballenxj for this post:
Gunny (04-20-2017)
In this forum software, if a member removes a portion of his post (within the 15 minute limit), it is gone.  That is, neither the moderators or members see the deleted portion.  

If, however, you happened to use the attachment feature for inserting your picture and didn't delete it both from within the post and as an attachment to the post, then it would continue to be visible to both members and moderators.

I hope that helps explain what might have happened.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to VanDwellerMod for this post:
Gunny (04-20-2017)
I just did a full edit and cleared the picture from within the post, not the add attachment section.. It's not a big thing, but thank you for explaining it to me.

Rob
Add Thank You Reply
Rob;

Just for clarification for me, did you get an email from Bob because you emailed him first asking what happened to the rest of the post; or because the one picture was inappropriate the reason the entire post was removed??? (I'm guessing the former ...)
"There is no truth, except in transit" --- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Add Thank You Reply
I emailed him first asking for clarification.

Rob
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Gunny for this post:
Thirsty Boots Nomad (04-20-2017)
(04-20-2017, 04:22 PM)VanDwellerMod Wrote: In this forum software, if a member removes a portion of his post (within the 15 minute limit), it is gone.  That is, neither the moderators or members see the deleted portion.  

If, however, you happened to use the attachment feature for inserting your picture and didn't delete it both from within the post and as an attachment to the post, then it would continue to be visible to both members and moderators.

Sounds like maybe the picture might have been left hanging in post with no text then? I could then see the misunderstanding.
Doing the Van thing since the early eighties.
Add Thank You Reply
I see now what I did wrong, I didn't clear the "add attachment" thing, I just erased the JPG number and reposted. It didn't show on my computer when I rebooted but I have no idea of the inner workings.

Bob was pleasant, it's all settled, I was just curious what to do if it happens in the future.

I originally thought the post funny but in the light of day it was political. My fault.

Rob
Add Thank You Reply