• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIRLS' ROOM: Potty Issues
Quote:
NomadicNotions Wrote: Wrote:how do you handle it?  [Image: huh.gif]

I just built the perfect seat!!  Here's the pics you requested -

Bemis round toilet seat SKU 634037 at Home Depot for $19
3.5 gal bucket from Super Wal Mart $5
Gamma Seal Lid from grocery store $7
old hassock if desired for out of sight storage, plastic liner bags etc., kitty litter if desired
Total cost $31 and it works great!!

To modify the bemis seat to fit secure on the gamma lid, cut tabs back to 1.75 inches from the inner edge. (flip the toilet seat over to see the 4 tabs) The plastic is easy to form using woodworking tools. I cut the tabs to size using a wood chisel. Be careful cause the chips do fly!! When you are done, the bemis seat should fit securely on the gamma lid. If not, look for a high spot on one of your tabs and remove some more plastic.

Total height 12 inches with the gamma lid sealed. It sets down in there some with the gamma lid removed making a secure fit for sitting. I also removed the seat back since mine is in a hassock. The seat back prob adds a half inch in height if left on. This is way more sturdy than a Luggable Loo, although I also have one of those.
- Crofterail PM Find
Reply Quote Report

04-13-2017, 06:33 PM   GIRLS' ROOM: Potty Issues  

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Add Thank You Reply
The following 5 users say Thank You to crofter for this post:
CautionToTheWind (04-22-2017), John61CT (04-22-2017), Queen (04-16-2017), Van Lady (04-16-2017), Snow Gypsy (04-16-2017)
I have a tiny 1998 Mercury Tracer & had a time trying to figure out how to rig up a potty.  The buckets were to big, even the 2 or 3 gal. ones, so I finally found an old time cooking pot from the 30's or 40's & it fits on top of the back seat with a hospital bed pad under it.  I fixed up a curtain rod & draped a black out curtain panel across it, cut out black poster board for the side windows & use a small sun shield for the back window, put the larger back seat back down, put a 1" yoga mat down on with a thicker cotton yoga mat down with sheets & etc. and I now have my bed.  I have a med. size ice chest that fits behind the drivers seat on the floor.  I still need to get a small camping stove & I'll be ready to try car camping out.  Looking forward to some fun.  I need to get some window screens made & a battery run fan, yet.  I am 70 so if I am going to do this I need to get started soon!  My dream machine would be a high top van, though I am only 4' 11" I might fit in a regular van.  Which ever one, I want as few windows as I can get.
Add Thank You Reply
Crofter, nice job! And it sure looks more stable than just a bucket.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
crofter (04-21-2017)
(04-19-2017, 11:43 PM)gypsyvioleta Wrote: I finally found an old time cooking pot from the 30's or 40's & it fits on top of the back seat with a hospital bed pad 

Wow you are travelling lite!! I can remember my grandmother's chamber pot under the bed was something like that. Where do you get the bed pads? Are they disposable or washable? - Crofter
Add Thank You Reply
Crofter, you can buy both disposable 'mattress' pads or the washable kind in the pharmacy section of W/M.

I used both for my mom, the washable kind went on her bed under the sheet to protect the mattress and the disposable ones were used on her easy chair in the living room.

For ease of use, I'd recommend the disposable kind for use in the car...you only need to toss it if you miss.... Big Grin 

The washable kind have a plastic backing on them that can't go in the dryer so you'd have to find some place to line dry them, probably a PITA.
Worry is a misuse of imagination!

Lady Arabella - 2002 GMC Savana 2500, fiberglass high top DIY conversion

Link to the building of her here: http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...g-Arabella
Full-timer as of November 24, 2015

Add Thank You Reply
(04-21-2017, 10:24 PM)crofter Wrote: Wow you are travelling lite!! I can remember my grandmother's chamber pot under the bed was something like that. Where do you get the bed pads? Are they disposable or washable? - Crofter

The last ones came from $ Tree & they were called pet pads but they are the same as the bed pads, which I believe Walmart has or can be ordered on their .com site. Disposable, but I also found some all cotton real thick bath mats that I can use if I run out of the others.
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink GIRLS' ROOM: Thank you, RTR Women's meeting Karla 24 1,473 04-14-2017, 10:36 PM
Last Post: TrainChaser
  GIRLS' ROOM!!! What clothing do you own? pippylongstocking 103 6,330 04-11-2017, 02:32 PM
Last Post: DrJean
  GIRLS ROOM: Guns and CCW dragonflyinthesky 21 1,096 04-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Last Post: crofter
  GIRLS' ROOM: What do you do for work? pippylongstocking 38 3,543 04-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Last Post: crofter