Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pickled eggs
I don't refrigerate the store bought eggs. but I always do the water test. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
gsfish (07-17-2017)
(07-16-2017, 11:16 AM)Dave06 Wrote: Yup, there's a natural protective coating on eggs, and the first thing industrial operations do is wash it off. Yard eggs will usually last longer unrefrigerated than store bought.
My first post here, hi y'all! Smile

Hi Dave, you are correct. An egg has a natural coating that prevents it from going bad for much longer. Once that has been washed, it really should be refrigerated.
PS, Welcome to the Forum. Smile
As HDR said, doing the float test is also a good idea.
Now back to Pickled Eggs, I still haven't bought a jar of them yet, but still plan on it. Tongue
Doing the Van thing since the early eighties.
Add Thank You Reply
(07-16-2017, 02:12 PM)Ballenxj Wrote: Hi Dave, you are correct. An egg has a natural coating that prevents it from going bad for much longer. Once that has been washed, it really should be refrigerated.
PS, Welcome to the Forum. Smile
As HDR said, doing the float test is also a good idea.
Now back to Pickled Eggs, I still haven't bought a jar of them yet, but still plan on it. Tongue

Thanks, Ballenxj!
Add Thank You Reply
(07-16-2017, 02:12 PM)Ballenxj Wrote: Now back to Pickled Eggs, I still haven't bought a jar of them yet, but still plan on it. Tongue

If you lived around me you could buy just one egg to try out from a big jar at a convenience store or greasy spoon. Would go good with a fried 'baloney' sandwich!

Guy
“Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?”

Hunter S Thompson
Add Thank You Reply