Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Policies: User Name Change and Account Deletion
Information 
After discussion among the admins and mods, we want to articulate two policies. 

The reason is that the "fall out" from User Name changes or deleted accounts requires tedious and time consuming work by an admin or mod to make the older threads flow and make sense (either by manually editing posts to change an old to the new name, or by removing any reference to the deleted member, post by post.)

Policies:

1) Members may request a User Name change if they have less than 50 posts.

2) Members may request that their account be deleted.  A deleted account turns the member's name to black (vs. green).  Unregistered members' threads and posts will remain as part of the forum for others to read.  Send requests to unregister to the Forum Admin at forumsadmin@cheaprvliving.com.

Thank you,
   Your Administrators and Moderators
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to VanDwellerMod for this post:
dazZZzle (07-16-2017), speedhighway46 (07-01-2017), GotSmart (04-13-2017)
if you go back in the forum timeline you will see some names in black. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
Whole threads disappear willy nilli. I went to check on Trauma Anyone. Gone without a trace. Not just one offensive post, but the whole thing.
The world is not perfect, and neither am I. Get over it already. 
Add Thank You Reply
Danny, the trauma thread was one of hopeful's. See the problem with members wanting their posts and threads removed? It affects many.
I'd like to give myself a few negative ratings, because I am such a big meanie. The forum won't allow it. Feel free!

Cyndi (made it across the cattle guard)
http://rvlyeverafter.blogspot.com/

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Adam Savage
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to cyndi for this post:
DrJean (04-20-2017), VanDwellerMod (04-13-2017)
If I want to quit a forum, I just sign off and go away......No one here knows my real name, so whats the deal?

Harry.............Whoops
Add Thank You Reply
The following 8 users say Thank You to poncho62 for this post:
dazZZzle (07-16-2017), frater secessus (07-06-2017), tx2sturgis (07-01-2017), Headache (04-15-2017), Snow Gypsy (04-14-2017), Thirsty Boots Nomad (04-13-2017), DannyB1954 (04-13-2017), mayble (04-13-2017)
(04-13-2017, 04:22 AM)cyndi Wrote: Danny, the trauma thread was one of hopeful's. See the problem with members wanting their posts and threads removed? It affects many.

So, I'm guessing she got her wish, but the TOS is now reflecting new policy?
Add Thank You Reply
She had some good threads, that's a shame she wanted to take all her anonymous info and vanish into thin air. I kind of had a mental image/opinion of her and that move sort of reinforced it, but that's a conversation best left alone. Ah well, life goes on and there are plenty of other good threads and many good ones to come.
I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Every Road Leads Home for this post:
tx2sturgis (07-01-2017)
RTR 2018 !
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to GEAUX- PRIUS Cowboy for this post:
tx2sturgis (07-01-2017)
(07-01-2017, 07:50 AM)GEAUX- PRIUS Cowboy Wrote: RTR 2018 !

RAH RAH RAH!

ARRR TEEEE ARRRR!

Big Grin

No seriously the 'migration' policy stated at the top is a good one...similar to ebay, we participate on here with some implied 'reputation', similar to ebay, and I think your past history here, however good or bad it may be, is a part of that.

And I think most of understand that what we post on any forum is like an article in a magazine, the contents we submit become the 'property' of the forum owners and we give up the rights to recall or remove it.

Some forums use IP tracking to help identify multiple 'personalities' for a user...I sure wish Youtube and Amazon did that...
---Brian

Republic of Texas
Add Thank You Reply
I've been on other forums where a poster, in a fit of pique, wanted all of their previous posts deleted, and some numbered in the thousands.  There's a simple answer:
JUST SAY "NO".
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to TrainChaser for this post:
cher (07-11-2017)