Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propane tanks - buy own or exchange?
at the HD we have here in KW we have a 24 hr. exchange where you can use a CC,DEBIT or cash machine no attendant needed, there are scales in each one of the cages, or something that can tell i don't know what it is because you can't get a full one unless you put in an empty one
Add Thank You Reply
the deposit here is $40.00. as far as the other stuff goes, i don't know, all i know is thats the way it works here.
Add Thank You Reply
I could go get 200 empty tanks tomorrow, my town's DPW has a free drop off for old, outdated, or just unwanted propane tanks. But I don't understand the $40 part. You leave a $40 deposit and then just get that back? So you're not actually making money right?
I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.
Add Thank You Reply
ERLH, thats what they charge in KW HD, its a deposit,,as far as 200 i bet they wouldn't. you have to turn them in person, thats why you should re read my post. as far as $30.00 tanks go after $29.95 in shipping,,,,do the math,,,,or if you drive down here to try and profit off a few tanks,,don't forget gas here is between .50 and .75 more per gallon go for it,,,,to give you some idea about things costing more,,I've bought books off of amazon for .10 and $3.95 shipping,but to answer your orig. Q: if you want a 20lb propane tank and don't have one to exchange you pay a $40.00 deposit plus the cost of the propane $17.95 for 15 lbs,,at the last time i checked. i don't make the rules. just live by them.
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Propane tanks...Stealth installation KMAG YOYO 36 5,055 03-19-2016, 11:25 AM
Last Post: GotSmart