Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer 2017 RTR in Flagstaff???
I'm still trying to firm things up with the FS for a Permit. I'm nearly certain we will get one, but they are slow as molasses.

I'm driving out east soon to be with my mom. Then I'll drive back west for the RTR, then back east to be with my mom.

It'll be a pain in the butt, but it's what you do for family.
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 7 users say Thank You to akrvbob for this post:
Headache (04-25-2017), ldmccain (04-20-2017), Kathleen (04-19-2017), Van Lady (04-19-2017), ArtW (04-19-2017), highdesertranger (04-19-2017), AbuelaLoca (04-19-2017)
Happy and surprised to hear it! Thanks for
[Image: W2lacLw.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
(04-06-2017, 06:46 AM)highdesertranger Wrote: porta-potties are expensive.  plus to be in compliance you need one for every 10 people per week and they must be cleaned once a week.  so do the math,  not cheap.  highdesertranger

We use a single one for about 20-25 people over a long weekend. It gets a "flush" Sunday morning with a couple gallons of water to flush down the "mountain" that generally forms in the center. This helps A LOT. With regular "education" our group generally knows how to stretch it. The guys pee in the bushes and generally leave the Potti for the ladies and dueces only.

We used to have problems with trash in them, but again, some education takes care of that. Those of us with self contained RV's don't use it. Everything helps.
-Zonie
Still Workin...
Add Thank You Reply
(04-18-2017, 10:17 PM)Spaceman Spiff Wrote: And sooner (rather than later) someone at the FS decides it is enough of a problem to institute permits to camp on National Forest land.  Saw it happen in the BWCA in the '80s.

-- Spiff

There was area opposition to the Red Rock pass that had a partial victory. A sympathetic Ranger could make the introduction  Lots of folks have concerns from radical environs to sportsmen. It is a good topic to have a conversation on. Registering to vote in AZ wouldn't hurt either.
-Douglas Tooley

My Blog
Add Thank You Reply
(04-18-2017, 11:13 PM)ZoNiE Wrote: We use a single one for about 20-25 people over a long weekend. It gets a "flush" Sunday morning with a couple gallons of water to flush down the "mountain" that generally forms in the center. This helps A LOT. With regular "education" our group generally knows how to stretch it. The guys pee in the bushes and generally leave the Potti for the ladies and dueces only.

We used to have problems with trash in them, but again, some education takes care of that. Those of us with self contained RV's don't use it. Everything helps.

Reminds me of a certain MC- only campground I was at. The owner lady told us, "Pee behind the trees or in the creek, NOT on my grass!" :-)
FIGHTING FORUM CENSORSHIP ONE POST AT A TIME.  Angel
"All threads matter!"
Add Thank You Reply
Smile
Add Thank You Reply
Rainbow 
(04-18-2017, 10:38 PM)akrvbob Wrote: I'm still trying to firm things up with the FS for a Permit. I'm nearly certain we will get one, but they are slow as molasses.

I'm driving out east soon to be with my mom. Then I'll drive back west for the RTR, then back east to be with my mom.

It'll be a pain in the butt, but it's what you do for family.

Thanks for working on the permit, Bob, and for planning to return to do the RTR.

Glad to hear it's still likely to happen. I'll contribute towards expenses. Plan to be there, provided all goes well with my mom's surgery in May.

Thanks for your response to my bed build question too.
SUPERLUMINAL
Add Thank You Reply
(04-18-2017, 10:38 PM)akrvbob Wrote: Then I'll drive back west for the RTR,

I'll finally get to meet you if things go okay.

As far as the potties; it's really not worth debating.  Arizona has requirements, Bob is following those requirements and I'll kick in some cash as well.
Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own.  ~ Bruce Lee

My new blog and discussion!  http://mebelikemeare.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Headache for this post:
highdesertranger (04-25-2017)
I've had a change of plans and

THERE WILL NOT BE A SUMMER RTR

My mom needs me too much to take the risk of driving back to Arizona for a month. She is sure to decline so I do not want to miss out on this time with her when she is still at her best. That would haunt me for the rest of my life.

However, a winter RTR just like we have always done in the past is a 100% certainty.
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to akrvbob for this post:
Kathleen (04-26-2017)
Rainbow 
(04-25-2017, 10:30 PM)akrvbob Wrote: I've had a change of plans and

THERE WILL NOT BE A SUMMER RTR
Thanks for letting us know, Bob. Time spent with your Mom is important.
See you at winter RTR.
SUPERLUMINAL
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer RTR 2017 (just talk, nothing substantial) Jannette 17 4,714 04-28-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Nelda
  A informal summer gathering in Flagstaff jimindenver 6 344 04-28-2017, 12:39 PM
Last Post: DLTooley
  Loud Music at the RTR - split from Summer RTR 2017 DannyB1954 79 5,074 01-17-2017, 05:14 AM
Last Post: blars