Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unlimited AT&T $20 a month
I've been having a problem with my 4gCommunity wifi for the last 4 days. I get AT&T just fine.
Just wondering if 4gCommunity has suspended service or if I have another problem? 4gCommunity connects to the computer OK but has no internet.
Add Thank You Reply
Hmmmm

My 4GC has been working fine. A bit slow but I am in the city where towers get congested, even AT&T. What kind of signal are you getting?

To clarify, I am parked next to a building, under power lines with lots of trees all around. I have not set up the booster and antenna but may later today or tomorrow to see it it helps. Generally it will not help if I get a good signal unless I can find a uncongested tower to point the antenna at and force the device to connect to it instead of the closer congested tower. That is another advantage to a directional antenna vs a OMNI directional.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
TexasTuff (10-06-2017)
(10-06-2017, 10:08 AM)TexasTuff Wrote: I've been having a problem with my 4gCommunity wifi for the last 4 days. I get AT&T just fine.
Just wondering if 4gCommunity has suspended service or if I have another problem? 4gCommunity connects to the computer OK but has no internet.

Thanks, Jimindenver,
I had forgotten that it helps to pull the battery and power cord before rebooting.
Add Thank You Reply
(04-06-2017, 12:19 PM)jimindenver Wrote: Here we go again eh.

AT&T now has unlimited data subject to deprioritization after 22 gig in what is called Connected Car unlimited.

https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#Close

I learned of it from RV.net via this post.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseac...200191.cfm

There are other post on Howard forums and elsewhere... (cont.)
so I tried to sign up through my att wireless act today and they say this is no longer available through zte mobely
you must have a onstar or similar set up in your vehicle
Has anyone else encountered this? is there another option?
Add Thank You Reply
I suspect the deal ran its course, and AT&T might have pulled to offer.

If so, I'm glad I got in and bought one during the initial deal.

And thanks to Jim for the heads-up earlier in the year!

Live to Ride, Ride to Eat.

Add Thank You Reply
I am glad some were able to get this deal, they sure didn't make it easy. Then again the original deadline was in July I believe so having it run as long as it did was great except the people selling Mobleys for outrageous prices taking advantage of those late to the party yet still wanting the deal.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
pnolans (10-14-2017)
(10-11-2017, 09:42 AM)jimindenver Wrote: I am glad some were able to get this deal, they sure didn't make it easy. Then again the original deadline was in July I believe so having it run as long as it did was great except the people selling Mobleys for outrageous prices taking advantage of those late to the party yet still wanting the deal.

Thanks Jim I'll keep trying and will eventually find a way (with your help) to obtain data while away from home. Mark
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unlimited Verizon 3G $5 a month jimindenver 715 101,464 1 minute ago
Last Post: jimindenver
  Unlimited Sprint LTE for $14 a month. jimindenver 44 6,047 09-30-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: mikecolley
  Chevy ONSTAR AT&T unlimited 4G $20 per month Goshawk 2 605 03-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Goshawk