Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Unlimited Verizon 3G $5 a month
(3 hours ago)casper Wrote: You guys are just blowing my brain out here with this 3g,4g,WiFi crap could you put it in layman's terms so a simpleton like myself can understand. I have a freedom pop phone that never worked right from the start. I need you to walk me through it please! I need a phone that works, I need internet access, I would like Netflix, and YouTube. what do I need, how much does it cost, how do I do it?
casper.

Casper, they will want you to read 70 pages of info.  Bob has a video on his youtube that has the basic deal that the Verizon 3g deal is.  It might help.  The deal isn't the fastest internet, but if you buy the hotspot, you can get internet access for $5 a month.  This is an incredible deal because it's unlimited.  The 3g is slower than the newer 4g, but it wasn't all that long ago that 3g was the best you could get.  So it's like you're getting yesterday's technology' but at a screamin' deal. 

I'm going to get it and try it out.  You buy the hardware (the hotspot) from Ebay, but it's better to see Bob's video to get the skinny on it.

To recap:   if you buy the hotspot, you can get unlimited 3g internet for $5 a month that you can connect to--provided Verizon comes in well in your area.

Hope it helps.
Wasanah
Add Thank You Reply
(3 hours ago)casper Wrote: You guys are just blowing my brain out here with this 3g,4g,WiFi crap could you put it in layman's terms so a simpleton like myself can understand. I have a freedom pop phone that never worked right from the start. I need you to walk me through it please! I need a phone that works, I need internet access, I would like Netflix, and YouTube. what do I need, how much does it cost, how do I do it?
casper.

Go to eBay, search for glselectronics
Buy a mifi4510 with unlimited 3g for about $80.
This will come with 3 months of wifi.
The instructions are not very good.
When you get it, ask here if you need help.
After the first 3 months it will cost $5 a month.
You pay by calling a robot and  enter numbers on the keypad of your phone.
You can use online calling cards or a credit card.
You have to pay on the right day, so put it on your calendar.
You do not get any notice to pay.

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to skyl4rk for this post:
gallica (Today)
Just to be clear, this is a wifi modem that can connect with four devices
If you need a phone, here is a cheap one that is a great smartphone for $70:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tracfone-sa...Id=5889561
You can use it as a tablet with no phone plan or you can pay $135 a year for a TracFone plan.

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to skyl4rk for this post:
wasanah2 (Today)
(1 hour ago)skyl4rk Wrote: Just to be clear, this is a wifi modem that can connect with four devices
If you need a phone, here is a cheap one that is a great smartphone for $70:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tracfone-sa...Id=5889561
You can use it as a tablet with no phone plan or you can pay $135 a year for a TracFone plan.

Your explanation was better than mine.  Smile
Add Thank You Reply
(2 hours ago)skyl4rk Wrote: Go to eBay, search for glselectronics
Buy a mifi4510 with unlimited 3g for about $80.
This will come with 3 months of wifi.
The instructions are not very good.
When you get it, ask here if you need help.
After the first 3 months it will cost $5 a month.
You pay by calling a robot and  enter numbers on the keypad of your phone.
You can use online calling cards or a credit card.
You have to pay on the right day, so put it on your calendar.
You do not get any notice to pay.
Thank you for such a great explanation. I have watched jim and bob's video and have read the entire thread.  I understand what casper was saying! lol. your succinct cliff notes version made me decide to go for it. I just ordered it from gselectric on ebay.  $69.99, we will see if I can figure it out once it arrives!
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unlimited AT&T $20 a month jimindenver 226 13,265 10-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Last Post: waterboy
  Unlimited Sprint LTE for $14 a month. jimindenver 44 6,047 09-30-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: mikecolley
  New unlimited Verizon data plan... BradKW 13 1,436 06-21-2017, 08:01 PM
Last Post: akrvbob