WHAT"S GOING ON HERE?
O.K. so I just got here this morning.  I click on New Posts and the top of the list is about "Boat Rockers".  

When I try to reply as I'd really like to know what started this  I get a "Board Message"  I don't have " Permisson" to reply.

I just got here!

As Far as I know I haven't pissed anyone off today......yet.

Jewellann
      I Can't Believe I Shaved My Legs For This..... Rolleyes .....Jo Dee Messina
               That's All I Have To Say About That.........Forrest Gump 
                          I'm Not Here Dodgy  You Didn't See Me     
Jaybird I deleted the thread you probably tired to post as I was deleting. highdesertranger
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
Txjaybird (07-17-2017)
They are just taking in to account that at some point in the day you likely will and therefore are taking steps to be prepared. Tongue
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

If you need a Stinkin badge to tell I ain't right, then you probably wouldn't know what to do with it if you had one. Tongue
The following 3 users say Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
Kathleen (07-18-2017), mayble (07-17-2017), Txjaybird (07-17-2017)
(07-17-2017, 08:03 AM)highdesertranger Wrote: Jaybird I deleted the thread you probably tired to post as I was deleting.  highdesertranger

I figured that would happen so I saved my well composed reply to GPC....

I will post it somewhere else...its that damn good!

Tongue
---Brian

Republic of Texas
The story about the Titanic? That was an excellent response.
My blog: Tastes Better Outdoors- http://tastesbetteroutdoors.com/
“Who has not felt the urge to throw a loaf of bread and a pound of tea in an old sack and jump over the back fence." -John Muir
Yeah, like HDR said the thread was deleted. What happens is, you see the link to the thread before it's deleted, then by the time you click on it, it's already been deleted, and that link now references a place that either doesn't exist or you don't have permission to access (depending on forum settings, deleted threads probably go to a place that only moderators can see and perhaps choose to review or restore).

Long story short, you didn't do anything to piss anyone off. You just saw a thread on its way out. Had you refreshed "new posts" at the same time this occurred, you would have noticed the thread title disappear as well.
[Image: W2lacLw.jpg]
The following 1 user says Thank You to TMG51 for this post:
highdesertranger (Today)
I would like to read posts that are forbidden. I wish to learn what is wrong. Not just that a post was deleted because a moderator did not like. Better to have a closed thread, in a garbage section so we can all learn which members could be trolls.
if I delete a post or thread I send the poster a PM. if my PM doesn't explain it enough for you to understand PM me back and ask for a further explanation. easy as that. highdesertranger
I think the point that Weight may have intended to convey is that other people lose the opportunity to learn from the deleted content.

By placing such posts in a forum category of their own and closing the threads to further comment, they remain visible to everyone. Additionally, if the explanation for the deletion was included as a final comment in the now-closed and now-relocated thread, it could be a kind of teaching tool where others could learn from examples. Among the things that could be learned are who may repeatedly post content deemed deserving of deletion, as well as the overall pattern of thought behind each individual moderator's decision to delete that content.

For what it's worth, I think such a practice would be more useful to everyone than simply deleting content with private explanations.
Richard

"Everyone carries a piece of the puzzle.
Nobody comes into your life by mere coincidence.
Trust your instincts.
Do the unexpected.
Find the others." (Timothy Leary)
The following 1 user says Thank You to Richard for this post:
Weight (Today)
If you have an issue with the way the forum is run or with forum itself please feel free to start a new thread

TJBird's original question has been answered so I'm closing this thread.
I'd like to give myself a few negative ratings, because I am such a big meanie. The forum won't allow it. Feel free!

Cyndi (made it across the cattle guard)
http://rvlyeverafter.blogspot.com/

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Adam Savage