Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cargo trailer?
(08-04-2017, 03:07 PM)Vern Wrote: Finally figured out how to add a photo! 

Anyway here's an example of what proper window framing looks like. I was very pleased to see 1x3 box steel all the way around the factory installed windows when I took the plywood off to insulate. I thought about saving a few bucks and installing the windows myself and am really glad I didn't. This way there's a warrantee. 

Happy Trails, Vern

Vern,

Where did you order  your trailer from? 

Thanks!

Lori
Add Thank You Reply
Hi Lori,
I ordered thru a dealer who sells the Continental Cargo brand. The trailer was built in Oregon. It took right at a month to completion. I was sold on the brand when I found out they offer a  3'x5' window!

Holler if I can answer any questions, Vern
Add Thank You Reply
Hi Pat! (pnolons)

So, did you get a trailer?
Size, brand, price, etc?
Do ya have a build thread yet?

Sooooooo curious!

Thx for the thread, u roc!
Thx, Dan'l
Big plans, Mini budget!!!
Check out my build here: Sophia's Hauler
And on Fakebook, look for us at: @Sophias.Hauler
Add Thank You Reply
I am 95% sure I am going to go with Weeroll. With my damaged wing, having a trailer that is insulated and finished inside and has electric is priceless. I will probably order in November/December for a March/April pick up.
Add Thank You Reply
(09-10-2017, 11:12 AM)galladanb Wrote: Hi Pat! (pnolons)

So, did you get a trailer?
Size, brand, price, etc?
Do ya have a build thread yet?

Sooooooo curious!

Thx for the thread, u roc!

Oh wow.  Yes, I bought a 6x12 Haulmark trailer last December.  I'm sorry, I do not have a build thread.  There ARE some pictures on my blog, which I have not been very good about keeping up to date.   I am living in it, and find it to be home.  It's small.  But I look forward to going home when I'm not there.  

I paid about $3300 for it, with trailer brakes.  I've gutted it, and added insulation to the walls.  A Fan-tastic vent, a window on the side , right by my bed; 235W solar panel, Renogy controller (40A), Renogy inverter (1000W) and 4 6v golf cart batteries, from Batteries Plus.  

Someday, I might start over from scratch, if I can afford it.  I learned a lot along the way and would do some things different.  Nothing major, just the order of things mainly.  It's kind of banged up and scratched up now.  I'm STILL learning how to drive it, especially backwards!  I'm a 1000 times better than a year ago, but still.... still learning. 

Thanks,

Pat
"like a band of gypsies we go down the Highway"
the one and only Willie Nelson
Add Thank You Reply
Pat, got a link to your blog?
Add Thank You Reply
(10-03-2017, 09:29 AM)closeanuf Wrote: Pat, got a link to your blog?

If you look at the message, there's a button to "website".... but here it is...

wp9da.blogspot.com 

It's mostly about my experiences becoming a nomad.  I've been remiss this last summer in keeping it up.  I WANT to do better, include some camping site reviews and such.  Equipment, how-to (at least the way I do it)... stuff like that.  It's important to capture this stuff as it happens, to not miss stuff. 

Like, last Wednesday, I was in jail for 12 hours for missing paying a ticket on time.  Big Grin

Thanks, 

Pat
"like a band of gypsies we go down the Highway"
the one and only Willie Nelson
Add Thank You Reply