Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message from forum staff regarding sexual assault
If you have no proof why don't you contact someone that was there and ask if that's the guy you think it is? That's what I did immediately. Dean is standing there in the video of the first meeting and is easily seen. I speak to Dean on a daily basis and asked him to confirm whether that J--- that was confronted at the meeting was the same J--- that was in Jamie's last video before he went to the build. He said it is the guy and I believe him. Why on earth would he lie about it? Also there hasn't been one person come forward that has said that J--- in the video isn't the same J--- the perp who Jamie brought with him to the build.

Would you like Deans phone number I can gladly give that.

Easy to get confirmation there were lots of people at that first meeting and it was even taped. The tape was edited and you can see where that was done easily. Perhaps someone still has a copy of the edited portion if you must see with your own eyes. I don't know if that would even be made available to you but you can certainly try or just believe what fifty eyes sitting in that circle saw and the other fifty eyes that saw him apologize to each girl a few days later.

He was drunker than Cooter Brown when he did this and I'm sure that was a factor but it still doesn't excuse anything. You just can't go in someone's house while they are sleeping and lay a hand on them. It would be terrifying for anyone man or woman.
YARC
Monkeyfoot
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
slynne (11-13-2017), heron (11-10-2017)
(11-09-2017, 12:41 AM)Motrukdriver Wrote: When Bob organizes the event, RTR, then he is the responsible party for the event so yes, he has authority of the area his camp is on.  But, if you read the rules they are very simple rules that makes the entire experience enjoyable for everyone.  If you can't abide by them then really you probably shouldn't go because you will not have a good time.  Also, since Bob has been organizing the event for as many years as he has, if he does have to call the Rangers you can be sure who ever he calls about will be asked by them to leave either under their own power or by what ever effort it takes the Rangers to remove them.  Nobody wants this so my recommendation is not try to swim upstream.  Go with the flow and have a great time.

Bob may be a Youtube sensation, but he has no Police powers. The Rangers have zero power if no law is broken. Whoever this person is can camp across the road or path from the RTR and do you know what you or Bob can do about it? Legally nothing. The only thing Bob could do is tell a Ranger that person is not part of my party and I will not be responsible for them.
If that person breaks a rule or law, then the Rangers can take action. Drunk in public or whatever. Until a person can be charged, they have the same right to camp on BLM land as anyone else. Do you really think LE will risk being sued because Bob says eject this person? You want a private party, you need to rent a group campsite from whatever jurisdiction has one. Then you can call a Ranger and have the person trespassed.
Old saying you don't like the message shoot the messenger. I am just trying to keep some wanna be enforcer from getting their butt in hot water. Don't try using authority that you do not have.
The world is not perfect, and neither am I. Get over it already. 
Add Thank You Reply
(11-09-2017, 01:28 PM)vanman2300 Wrote: Gee I didn't know either! But she really brings home how careful we must be and be on guard because she jumps to conclusions about men way too easily. Better to stay away from those who feel qualified to psychoanalyze and condemn 50% of the population with one comment and no Phd in psychology.

I was just thinking about this last week.

I keep my distance from people. I especially keep my distance, avert my eyes, and make no attempt to acknowledge a solo female nomad. Unless spoken to, of course.
Add Thank You Reply
(11-08-2017, 10:39 PM)VanDwellerMod Wrote: The forum staff (both men and women) wanted to let all members know our stand on the sexual assault being discussed in the Women Only Forum here -- http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...#pid345926

Is it legal to tell him up front that, in the event he commits an assault, the police will be called? Seems to me that should be a powerful deterrent. Thanks for input.
Add Thank You Reply
If this crap happened at the rtr you can bet your ass Bob and his team would insure the guy was GONE or in jail. I have no doubt about that.

I don't know Bob but I've read enough of his musings to know that he has a strong sense of responsibility towards women. Bob genuinely likes and respects women and he isn't going to have that crap at the rtr period. No freaking way in hell.
YARC
Monkeyfoot
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply
heron (11-10-2017), Blanch (11-09-2017)
(11-09-2017, 08:49 PM) pid=\347321' Wrote:Cyndi, if you aren't a member on that forum you can't see the woman's forum where it is.  It's invisible.

In other words, the discussion regarding the guy who assaulted the three women is  NOT public and he has NOT been named, publically, on that forum either.
I'd like to give myself a few negative ratings, because I am such a big meanie. The forum won't allow it. Feel free!

Cyndi (made it across the cattle guard)
http://rvlyeverafter.blogspot.com/

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Adam Savage
Add Thank You Reply
(11-09-2017, 09:04 PM)wayne49 Wrote: I was just thinking about this last week.

I keep my distance from people. I especially keep my distance, avert my eyes, and make no attempt to acknowledge a solo female nomad. Unless spoken to, of course.
That's about what I do as well. However, if I sense someone is reasonable and friendly I won't have a problem talking to them at a superficially polite level. I never ever will go much further then that unless I've known them for quite a while and know them well. It's a double edged sword it prevents misunderstandings but it also is too bad we all have to assume we could be victimized.
Add Thank You Reply
(11-09-2017, 09:32 PM)cyndi Wrote: In other words, the discussion regarding the guy who assaulted the three women is  NOT public and he has NOT been named, publically, on that forum either.

Absolutely it's public. You just have to be a woman to see the thread is all.

Why don't you just check things and make a couple of phone calls and verify everything instead of talking about it.
YARC
Monkeyfoot
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply
(11-09-2017, 09:42 PM)vanman2300 Wrote: It's a double edged sword it prevents misunderstandings but it also is too bad we all have to assume we could be victimized.

You could be victimized? Well I sure hope being nice to women doesn't mean they would sneak in your vehicle at night while you are asleep with ill intentions towards you. That would make you a victim however.
YARC
Monkeyfoot
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply
Pomegranate (11-10-2017), heron (11-10-2017)
(11-09-2017, 09:06 PM)mert6706 Wrote: Is it legal to tell him up front that, in the event he commits an assault, the police will be called? Seems to me that should be a powerful deterrent. Thanks for input.

Its legal to tell him that. I'd also tell him he's not welcome at the RTR but I'm pretty sure he'll be told that if he hasn't been told yet.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to vanman2300 for this post:
mert6706 (11-09-2017)