Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Political Posts Allowed
The moderators all got together and discussed whether we should allow Political Posts. We decided that there was nothing to be gained and a lot to lose by allowing them.

So from now on political posts will not be allowed--they will be deleted.

Why? Because this forum is just like the country as a whole and we are split right down the middle on our political views. And just like the rest of the country, neither side is willing to listen to the other. So any discussion of politics is almost certain to devolve into anger and frustration and who gains anything by that? Nobody!

We are here to help people and to contribute to each others lives. Fighting about politics does just the opposite of that.

I know many of you are going to be disappointed and I'm sorry. I like to get into a good political debate as much as the next guy. But there are plenty of good forums where that is appropriate, this just isn't one of them.

One more thing, the moderators get to decide what is a political post and there won't be any discussion about it.

Edit--added later:
It seems like everyone wants a definition of politics, and that seems reasonable. So here it is right from Merriam-Webster. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/politics
========
": activities that relate to influencing the actions and policies of a government or getting and keeping power in a government

: the work or job of people (such as elected officials) who are part of a government

: the opinions that someone has about what should be done by governments : a person's political thoughts and opinions"
===========

I'll add this to it:
: the opinions that someone has about what should be done (or has been done) by governments : a person's political thoughts and opinions"

Bob
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Posts with only Video Links not allowed akrvbob 5 10,497 08-15-2015, 01:06 PM
Last Post: eDJ_