Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No More Free Table in Ehrenberg! Volunteers needed to clean it up.
(12-22-2017, 03:47 PM)NomadforNature Wrote: I agree we should not assume its okay to leave anything other than what should be there naturally, because it isn't, and it's unlawful, but if it comes down to choices, take this or take that? I will take the worst away first, which is better than doing nothing. 
I also hope that someone wants that table gone badly enough to find someone with a truck and strong arms to take care of it, because I know I can't do it, I can't even find anyone to haul the chairs away, which is a much easier job. 
Thanks for your input, glad to know that you practice leave-no-trace ethics and leave it better than you found it, I thank you on behalf of everyone.

All I've heard on this forum is that no one of us was there when the table was erected.  I understand it is not a dump station.  I don't know what it is, but I wasn't there when it was erected.  I have heard a lot of good natured people talking about taking it down.  
Please remember we are the visitors.  We don't live here.  That is at the heart of the matter isn't it?  Since campers didn't build the table, that leaves the Locals.  I have heard they use it for meetings.  I have not heard about campers being involved in those meetings.  Of course we should clean up after ourselves, but taking down the table would seem to be crossing some boundary with the locals that may cause a lot more harm than was ever intended.

Of course this could all be B.S.!  But shouldn't we find out before we tear down what others have built?
La Tortuga Abides,

Who knew that becoming a "Human Being" takes practice?
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to La Tortuga for this post:
Txjaybird (12-28-2017)

Messages In This Thread
RE: No More Free Table in Ehrenberg! Volunteers needed to clean it up. - by La Tortuga - 12-23-2017, 06:37 PM