Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob gets some publicity! This site on NPR
Thank you for the extra links, Cyndi! I think it would have been great if they would also have commented on those of us that live this lifestyle, not out of necessity, but because it is a remarkable, innovative and interesting way to live and travel and enjoy nature in our retirement. Thanks to Bob's site many retirees on Social Security Retirement find out that they can enjoy a life of 'great adventure'.
Add Thank You Reply
An ear worm for all the broken, hopeless full-timers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srpwqf2MWAw
I'd like to give myself a few negative ratings, because I am such a big meanie. The forum won't allow it. Feel free!

Cyndi (made it across the cattle guard)
http://rvlyeverafter.blogspot.com/

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Adam Savage
Add Thank You Reply
(07-31-2014, 08:20 AM)Sameer Wrote: I think it would have been great if they would also have commented on those of us that live this lifestyle, not out of necessity, but because it is a remarkable, innovative and interesting way to live and travel and enjoy nature in our retirement.

well...you've gotta remember that this original story was probably like 10 times longer, and was diced up in order to fill a 'specific' air-time. So in all actuality, that may have been a good part of the story, but unfortunately, due to limited available timeframe, ended on on the cutting room floor.

I did like how she tried to keep the story upbeat, and not all just a big downer.
"Good Times & Good Friends Make Life Better!" Big Grin
Add Thank You Reply
I hadn't thought about that...Patrick. Thanks for the information. I should clarify that I do not get a lot of money from my Social Security Retirement. My van and it's contents are all that I own. My description 'innovative' is managing on a small amount of money. Had I not 'discovered' this lifestyle on Bob's website, I would not be enjoying a life of travel and feel the peace and joy that I experience every day. The joy of planning wonderful adventures! I am off to Durango, CO in the morning. A life of great adventure...who could ask for more at this stage in my life. And doing everything on my 'little income'!
Add Thank You Reply