Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WITHOUT BOUND DOCUMENTARY
(11-25-2014, 08:01 PM)Queen Wrote: My SO isn't quite as comfortable with no "home" as I am, we met in the middle with a super cheap home base in FL. Having a place to come back to is a nice bridge to a very free life.

We're the same way. DW needs a home base near family. No mortgage, the house is a base for us, and for our son. He may well end up with the house, should he move back into our area.
"It's always darkest just before lightning scares the crap out of you."
Add Thank You Reply
(12-19-2014, 10:37 AM)Seraphim Wrote: We're the same way. DW needs a home base near family. No mortgage, the house is a base for us, and for our son. He may well end up with the house, should he move back into our area.

Took some planning to be able to accommodate both, but I think it's going to work great.

And truthfully, I'm looking at knee replacement right now, I'd rather rehab at the place in FL than in a van. Might be a different story if either of us had family, but it's just us so we have to make things work on our own.
“If the words you spoke appeared on your skin, would you still be beautiful?”
~ Auliq Ice
Add Thank You Reply
I thought it was a great show, with one exception and that was the editing. Probably not a big deal for most people but for those of us with hearing impairments the back ground music was WAY to strong. Even when my hearing was top notch I couldn't understand why editors would let the background music be a competitor to the vocal. OH well, just had to run through parts of it several times to get it all.

Please don't even suggest the CC option, unless the video is properly captioned the crap that youtube uses to caption on the fly is a bad joke!.
Box Stock 2007 Ford E-150 All Build Pics HERE
Add Thank You Reply
I loved it! I'll have to watch it again, and I think it will be a fantastic way to educate my parents when they have a host of questions to ask me! Such a great tool to help give others perspective!
Add Thank You Reply
I enjoyed watching it. a lot is true, we are taught to want certain things, to value certain things and to place a stigma to those that don't have them. It's all advertising telling us we need things so that others can line their pockets. Eventually you want new stuff while being tired off taking care of the old stuff you no longer want to play with. A rich man told me the secret to life was if it flies, floats or....s, rent it. It took me a while but I get it now. lol
Add Thank You Reply
Definitely some interesting points in the video. I will give it that.
Add Thank You Reply
Just blogged about it (embedding the video) and another video about living in vehicles:

http://simplegreenliving.com/5726/living...be-videos/

I really enjoyed both programs.
Zana
~~~~~~
Paperback and Kindle of my husband's, about vehicles we've lived in:
http://www.amazon.com/Rolling-Shelter-Ve...916289370/
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Lovemy dogs for this post:
WriterMs (06-30-2015)
Hi - newbie here and just had to say I very much enjoyed this documentary!
Add Thank You Reply
I watch it at least once a week Heart
Add Thank You Reply
Wow, didn't know about this documentary, just watched it now and all I can say is "awesome"
Add Thank You Reply