Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traveling alone, ever worry about getting sick?
My suspicion is that if they ever found a pet locked in a van with a dead body, and evidence that the pet had been eating the body, they would destroy the pet.

So your dying alone like that is a death sentence for your pet.

Regards
John
Regards
John

Life is not about discovering yourself.  Life is about creating yourself!

Talk is cheap because of simple economics: The supply FAR exceeds the demand!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Optimistic Paranoid for this post:
akrvbob (12-10-2014)
Dogs don't usually eat their owners. Cats are a different thing
Add Thank You Reply
Getting sick? Heck I started out as a solo sick, but then I am 77 years old. I am a bde ( one eye, one leg and half sense ).
Some one will take care of your pets, and as for what kind of mess you make of your surroundings, you will not notice a thing.
Happy trails and if you are out in the middle of nowhere, give your pet a hug as no body else will be able to.

I need a valium, a winning lotto ticket, a full time nanny and a happy meal please, Warren
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to wagm for this post:
Linda Cripple-Creek (11-04-2017)
I went into the urgent care in Quartzite with a swollen leg.  They prescribed water pills and gave me a bill for $90.  I had a deep muscle infection.

I almost lost my leg over that one.  Someone needs to go back to medical school  Just a warning for those that go to Quartzite.
Trouble rather a tiger in his lair than a sage at his books. To you kingdoms and armies are mighty and enduring, to him they are toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. G Dickson.
Add Thank You Reply
(12-08-2014, 08:07 PM)HarmonicaBruce Wrote: I mean, if I was to have a heart attack in the van, who would know?  I could be in there until I started smelling the place up.

Get yourself a pen pal/text buddy/chat friend that you stay in regular contact with.  Maybe another van dweller.  Someone you trust with your current location that can contact emergency services if they don't hear from you for a day or two.
Add Thank You Reply
(12-08-2014, 08:07 PM)HarmonicaBruce Wrote: Traveling alone, ever worry about getting sick?

Not until now!

Guy
"We're all bozos on the bus, so might as well sit back and enjoy the ride."

Wavy Gravy

Add Thank You Reply
Up here in Alaska there is a lot of smoke from the many wildfires. Although my life-long asthma has been in good control for many years, this smoke has fired it up a bit and I've had to use my inhaler a few times. Boondocking where I have no cell phone coverage is not without risks. OTOH, what is adventure without some risks?
 [Image: Updated%20sig%20pic.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to mockturtle for this post:
Linda Cripple-Creek (11-04-2017)
(12-08-2014, 10:32 PM)Stargazer Wrote:  It is my strong belief that there are worse things than dying. 

Amen! I have seen a lot of ugly. Dying is one thing that no one should fear. Everybody dies, but not many truly live...

The only illness that worried me was explosive diarrhea and uncontrollable vomiting while trying to stealth park in winter. Horrible! Horrible! Horrible!

X
Add Thank You Reply
(12-10-2014, 09:10 AM)ccbreder Wrote: Dogs don't usually eat their owners. Cats are a different thing

True. Dogs are part of the clean up crew but they will not eat their owners. Now, if you happen to have a pet pig - that's different.... Wink

Shalom,

Jesse.

P.S. I don't mind where I bite the dust. I'd *rather* do it later than sooner, but since such matters are not within our province, I'm content to let it go.
28' 1988 Bounder (BUSTER) w/800w solar and 4.0 Onan genny.

http://www.jesseleighbrackstone.com
www.enroutewithjesse.com
Add Thank You Reply
OK. There are 2 of us humans. Dog will be fine. But that is one reason I think it would be selfish to get a new pet if I  decided to hit the road alone at my age. Dying of thirst or roasting in a closed van with a rotting corpse is not a good way to go. Just my opinion.

If you are just talking about you getting sick, that something different.  A full timing friend  of ours who had cancer solved that by buying a permanent lot in an RV park near his doctors, hospital and other facilities he needed if it came back. He liked the area and has family there, so he spent time there every year, anyway. He can do and go where he wants. But he always has a base to come back to and stay if he needs to. I'm not sure if they would allow him to recoup some expenses by renting it out when he is not there. It's  a year-round  destination.

I couldn't  afford a lot at his resort, but there are other places I could afford. Same with a lot of the retirees, here, with a bit of regular income. If looking at a long term illness, we'd buy a modest lot, rent a modest apartment, or rent a lot at monthly rates until whatever will happen, happens.
Add Thank You Reply