Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what bike? (motorbike)
Forest Service Roads, Castle Crags, CA

[Image: IMAG0152.jpg]
~ It's never to late to have a good childhood ~
Add Thank You Reply
(03-12-2015, 11:11 PM)flailer Wrote: KTM 525exc, kitted supermoto (17" wheels, etc) 

Super jealous of your supermoto... and Sushidog's mini-trail clones. I am such a sucker for thumpers and <600cc bikes. 

One former adventure involved buying a 20 yr old Yamaha SR500 sight unseen in San Diego CA and driving it back to Maine in a week. 
Add Thank You Reply
    Reconsider dual sports.   We love our Yamaha WR250R.  The fuel injection is great too, since you can just hop on the bike and go with no 5 minute wait for warmup.   My wife added a aftermarket seat to hers and lowered it to make it much more comfortable.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to IGBT for this post:
flailer (03-15-2015)
well I would love to have a dual sport bike but I don't have the room. I have 2 quads. you can't haul much on a 2 wheeler and I need to move gear. this and most places I go to allow them in town. I know I know, because I ride a quad I am destroying the world, but that's the way it is. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
Nice KTM Flailer!!

I'm gonna look for a Suzuki DR400 for myself for dual sporting. Big enough to ride on highways for shorter jaunts, yet light enough to throw around when I go off-road.

For my road trippin', there's no ride like Frankenstein!!

[Image: 551049_473903432626266_1726042379_n.jpg?...60611c203b]
"Good Times & Good Friends Make Life Better!" Big Grin
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Patrick46 for this post:
flailer (03-15-2015)
Heck you could even strap one of my little bikes to the back of your sissybar for a spare!

Chip
"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him." – Robert Heinlein

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P.J. O'Rourke
Add Thank You Reply
where i live you can get your entire rv on your moped
http://www.freedomcyclelasvegas.com/2013...verloaded/
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to steveh2112 for this post:
flailer (03-15-2015), highdesertranger (03-14-2015), sushidog (03-14-2015)
Thanks for the link. That's outrageous!

I was joking, but those guys were serious.

Chip
"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him." – Robert Heinlein

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P.J. O'Rourke
Add Thank You Reply
steve that was great. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
(03-13-2015, 07:46 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: well I would love to have a dual sport bike but I don't have the room.  I have 2 quads.  you can't haul much on a 2 wheeler and I need to move gear.  this and most places I go to allow them in town.  I know I know, because I ride a quad I am destroying the world,  but that's the way it is.  highdesertranger

Well, you have to have something bigger to haul those 5 gallon containers of gold from your prospecting.  Smile
Add Thank You Reply