Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good places in San Diego
(02-21-2017, 03:01 AM)TMG51 Wrote: Huh?? You can park at surfer's beach in PB. Right on the water. I have a post on the forums here that detail that location among others in San Diego. Of course there are a couple hours it's illegal to park there (2-4 AM I think) but you know the deal there.

Yeah I know; but there isn't much room there not like the big lots in OB or at Mission Beach even at Tourmaline - it isn't as big as the lots at MB or OB. When I'm at PB tho I'm usually there to jaw & party and walk/wander around so I park at my spot inland and stroll all day. sometimes too I thro the kayak in from fiesta island, leave the truck parked there all night and paddle out to ski island - that little piece of dirt in the NE part of the bay & I sleep there all night. Make sure the wind isn't going to come up at night tho if its high tide cause it might spray over the top. Happened to me once & I thought my yak was going to wash/blow away on me.

'No Man is an Island' - right?? haha Middle of San Diego hah n I've had that entire little speck of dirt all to myself. it fuking rox!

INTJohn
Add Thank You Reply
I'm visiting the San Diego area today for the first time...thanks for all the tips. Looks like Ocean Beach will be a good place to suit me for one night before heading east again.
Currently on a six week road trip thru Mexico. Chihuahua - Durango - Tepic - Guadalajara - Morelia - Guanajuato - Zacatecas - ...
Add Thank You Reply
(04-12-2016, 04:41 PM)TMG51 Wrote: Dang, it really has been two months today since I arrived in SD! Never expected to stay half this long but I've found the area very accommodating. If anyone is interested I can enumerate some of the choice parking I've found in my stay.

Hey dude, I'll be boondocking in my class b for a couple weeks and would love to get some suggestions on where to park my van at night. This is only my second time in San Diego so Im not too familiar with the area.
Add Thank You Reply
I am in San Diego - I don't see how there would be much of a problem at all sleeping in a van here - there are so many homeless here!!!
Seriously, thousands pop up tents and furniture on the sidewalks every evening and sleep - so I doubt that a person in a van would be bothered - unless a complaint was filed specifically against them.
There are open showers on beaches here and Mission Trails has great hiking trails.
There seems to always be a lot of campers on the beach at Silver Strand beach.
Add Thank You Reply
You're aware it's illegal to sleep in a vehicle in San Diego, right?

Don't get me wrong, I've been there consecutive years for months at a time (just left recently) and I stay on the streets. But there is a nuance to where you will be hassled and where you will not.

I have a thread on location suggestions also:
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...ture-heavy
[Image: W2lacLw.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
I believe that it is illegal to sleep in a vehicle in SD ... but what sense does that make when it is ok/acceptable to sleep in a large tent on the public sidewalk?
Maybe park and sleep on the sidewalk next to the RV is acceptable  Huh
Add Thank You Reply
Politics. Think of how the headlines read.

"Police hassle homeless man on the street."

The guys in tents have little to nothing. As long as they don't set up near parks no one cares.

Us in vans, we have slightly more than nothing. Police will mostly just chase us away from the ritzy areas.
[Image: W2lacLw.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to TMG51 for this post:
PattySprinter (06-05-2017)
(04-12-2016, 04:41 PM)TMG51 Wrote: Dang, it really has been two months today since I arrived in SD! Never expected to stay half this long but I've found the area very accommodating. If anyone is interested I can enumerate some of the choice parking I've found in my stay.

I'm interested. Please share. Heading down there in a week.
thx!
Add Thank You Reply
I'll be in San Diego this weekend. There are so many people that park in the streets that you can blend in almost anywhere. Point Loma is one of my favorite spots. Beautiful area and quiet at night. I don't like parking by the beaches at night. Fist time I did I thought it was awesome to be 50 yards from the beach.. until I heard skateboarders and drunks all night.

On a side note the Harbor Town Pub has probably the best burger in San Diego.
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some of my favorite places around San Diego (picture heavy!) TMG51 23 7,117 08-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Last Post: TMG51