Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone considered an aerobic composting toilet?
 Yup, they're rather pricey, but no blackwater problems or dumping porta-potti's! I've been seriously thinking about it for the longest while.. anyone else?

Add Thank You Reply
This is an option that I am thoroughly interested in, however, the price of these is prohibitive. I assumed, after a few years, the price of these might go down. No such luck. They are still priced out of any market I'd be interested in. I haven't considered them for awhile so I'm a bit shocked that the price is still so high!

Add Thank You Reply

I just googled "how to make a composting toilet" and there's lots of info on building your own toilet.

Add Thank You Reply
My van actually had one of these eco-toilets in it when I bought it.

I also  found a brand new, still in the box with instruction,Thedford; lying on a garbage pile last summer. So I'm actually all "canned" up for now. Although I'm still intrigued by the composting toilet market.

Add Thank You Reply
That's the last place I want to work out at.

Add Thank You Reply
sl1966 Wrote:That's the last place I want to work out at.

Just 'think green'.
Add Thank You Reply
Willy Wrote:[QUOTE=sl1966]That's the last place I want to work out at.

That's what I was originally thinking too.!!
Add Thank You Reply
Willy Wrote:Just 'think green'.

But thanks for the heads up. Have you looked into the incinerator toilets? There's also a waterless toilet system in south africa that basically dehydrates everything.

Add Thank You Reply
When I was a lad and worked for the railroad we lived in bunk cars; they had incinerator toilets. They seemed to work good. I actually looked a little on the web for them but they must be out of favor; there isn't much reference  to them.

Add Thank You Reply

Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  True Toilet Composting punkgirl28 12 1,208 06-20-2017, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Gardenias