Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
FloorPlans-Layout drafts - requesting input
(03-09-2016, 09:29 PM)FALCON Wrote: Hi Mike. I'm getting pretty close to being done. Just finishing up the electrical system and then I will be far along enough to sell my house and move in.

Here is my conversion journal:
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...ion-thread

Fascinating read. What program did you use to do your layouts ?
Add Thank You Reply
I used Excel. I set up a template for my van interior space, with the wheel wells, support beams, Windows, doors, etc. I made the cell sized into small squares and used each cell as 1" x 1"
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to FALCON for this post:
IanC (04-17-2016)
Looks like some great ideas!

Dave
2003 Dodge 5.2 LWB Conversion Van in NJ
Add Thank You Reply
Looking good!   Now that you're almost done, may I post a link for the less abled member to go and play (for free if you wish) about floor plans for their own vans?   Floor plan grids and items  

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to DrJean for this post:
mikEXpat (10-23-2016)
(10-23-2016, 07:36 AM)DrJean Wrote: Looking good!   Now that you're almost done, may I post a link for the less abled member to go and play (for free if you wish) about floor plans for their own vans?   Floor plan grids and items  

Wow that's cool! If you made that - nice work!!
Add Thank You Reply
(10-23-2016, 07:36 AM)DrJean Wrote: Looking good!   Now that you're almost done, may I post a link for the less abled member to go and play (for free if you wish) about floor plans for their own vans?   Floor plan grids and items  

Great! Thanks. That will be very useful indeed.

Mike
Add Thank You Reply
I personally like this bed/desk combo. Would add more space to your place.
[Image: 6bd07089949fb2934528bc9cb198349e.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
And this is why I love this design. This is from a ebay listing for the bed and shelves. For a sprinter van is anyone is interested. But The bed is up and the legs mark it. If you had a desk that used what ever mechanism it uses to  keep it level when folding it down, that reached out the same length as these legs, you would have so much spare space!
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
Yep, Murphy beds are sweet.

I have plenty of space with my current design. I really like not having my windows blocked. I figured since I ended up with windows, I should make use of them.
Add Thank You Reply
Ran into an interesting layout problem on my new van. - I wanted a van with rear AC but didn't realize just how much width I'd lose at the rear. A longitudinal bed is probably the best use of space so I had to come up with something different.

Didn't need door access so it's a good use of space. The back of the couch is removable and lays in between it and the bench to form the bed. Passenger rear corner houses my Aqua-tainer water jug with the sink next to it and counter space for typical use or stowable stove next to that. Fridge goes under the counter. Purple boxes are the wheel wells. Standard box Chevy Express which is almost exactly 8'x6'. Sliding passenger side door still opens and the foot well is for battery, charge controller, and inverter. Bed boxes are about a foot high. Kitchen counter goes right to the bottom of the rear windows. I access the rear from the front.

Sorry for throwing something together on just MS paint real quick but this is the layout I went with.

[Image: mUsHkoY.png]
There is no replacement for: Research, Planning, Training, and Practical Experience
Add Thank You Reply