Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative fuels
Rather than hijack another thread, I would like to hear of anyone that has a non standard (Gas & Diesel) fuel source.  Electric cars (Yes Susanne) are of interest.  

Do the plug in stations cost? How quick can they charge up a drained battery?  I know Tesla just installed a Supercharger down the road from me.  Free electricity.  https://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger  

What does French Fry oil cost?  

Does anyone have an idea for a Flux Capacitor?   Big Grin
Trouble rather a tiger in his lair than a sage at his books. To you kingdoms and armies are mighty and enduring, to him they are toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. G Dickson.
Add Thank You Reply
I run "Oil Burners", diesels that will burn most flammable oils.
Not all will.
Ex Military M35A2 6x6
4 ton capacity Bolster trailer w/ a radio box as my live-in, off-road, cargo trailer Cool
Dirt Track Travels
http://www.DirtTrackTravelers.com
Add Thank You Reply
i use this unleaded gasoline stuff,it is refined from oil which is 100% natural and is made by the earth,in fact the earth is making more as we speak
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Gary68 for this post:
johnny b (12-05-2015)
anyone using LPG, just test drove small motorhome, seems to go well, no carbon at all at the end of exhaust, clean as.
meant to be cleaner, and half the cost of fuel. I been reading that the conversion pays for itself fairly fast. I wonder why more people don't use it.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to flying kurbmaster for this post:
GotSmart (12-05-2015)
(12-05-2015, 02:07 AM)flying kurbmaster Wrote: anyone using LPG, just test drove small motorhome, seems to go well, no carbon at all at the end of exhaust, clean as.
meant to be cleaner, and half the cost of fuel. I been reading that the conversion pays for itself fairly fast. I wonder why more people don't use it.

Can't get LPG just any where for a vehicle. Because of the fuel tax is not added to it for road use in vehicles.
Peace

Add Thank You Reply
LPG (propane) has 80% as much power per gallon as gas, the tanks are heavy, and frequently isn't much cheaper than gas even before considering road tax.

Quartzsite has an EV charge station at the Carl's junior.
Add Thank You Reply
I think the hybrid car is about the best right now, until the electric car batteries can get better range. There are no other alternative fuels that are economical. All current alternative fuels produce less carbon thus the push to go to them. However they cost more per mile than gas and diesel.
Peace

Add Thank You Reply
I don't think you can get the fry oil behind your favorite burger joint any more because the biodiesel producers are buying it from them. It used to be a wast product and they had to pay someone to haul it away, now they sell it.
Peace

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Spirituallifetime for this post:
KristinaKarina (12-27-2015)
(12-05-2015, 03:00 AM)Spirituallifetime Wrote: Can't get LPG just any where for a vehicle. Because of the fuel tax is not added to it for road use in vehicles.

there are 1,536 filling stations scattered around all parts of the US with most vehicles having dual fuel, as propane needs to be started first on fuel I don't see this being an argument for not using it, in Europe there all kinds of incentives to go propane because of the lower polluting factors.
Add Thank You Reply
(12-05-2015, 10:11 AM)blars Wrote: LPG (propane) has 80% as much power per gallon as gas, the tanks are heavy, and frequently isn't much cheaper than gas even before considering road tax.  

Quartzsite has an EV charge station at the Carl's junior.

I guess you are right it is not cost effective in the US, everywhere else in the world where gasoline prices are much higher it would be. the only reason you would do it would be to get a longer range and cut down on polution
Add Thank You Reply