Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Info On Common Vans
Glad to see someone who knows and is taking the proper precautions! The early overdrive on the Dodges was always odd but they went to locking/unlocking setups early so load is low even on older models. That said, I prefer to keep the rpms up a bit on those motors and therefore disable OD when not needed.
There is no replacement for: Research, Planning, Training, and Practical Experience
Add Thank You Reply
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Raven+Squid for this post:
Baloo (12-23-2016), Gideon33w (01-25-2016)
I just noticed an ad for an old Chevy Express in really good condition EXCEPT they had knocked a lot off the purchase price because they can't get it to shift out of 2nd gear. Your Q-tip suggestion might make a really easy fix for that! (Hee, hee!) ...or maybe it really needs a full transmission. Nice tip, though!
Add Thank You Reply
Excellent information.

Given the rarity of one-owner full-records vans for sale and the importance of scheduled maintenance, does that make GMs somewhat impractical on the used market?
Add Thank You Reply
Also, what is the history of traction control on the various models?
Stability Control is another feature, but Traction Control was offered on Ford Windstars in the 1990's, but I don't know how common it is on vans. Especially conversion vans, which are typically based on a cargo van.
Add Thank You Reply
Hmmm. I thought my 1990 E350 460 was a 7.2. Was I wrong? I got rid of it around 10 years ago, so I don't think I have anything left that I can check.
Add Thank You Reply
(01-28-2016, 02:08 AM)BC Guy Wrote: Hmmm.  I thought my 1990 E350 460 was a 7.2.  Was I wrong?  I got rid of it around 10 years ago, so I don't think I have anything left that I can check.

460 cubic inches is ~7.5 liters.
Add Thank You Reply
This is really good info. Thank you so very much!!
I was never going to go if I waited for someone to come with me.

Add Thank You Reply
Thanks for this amazing info Gideon! I actually think I'm leaning toward Ford, I'm wondering if there is a year I should be looking at where they got the spark plug issue figured out. 2006-2010 models seem to be around my price range.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to digitaldervish for this post:
AbuelaLoca (01-13-2017)
It is a very good thread.
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Info On Common Minivans Gideon33w 31 2,365 09-23-2017, 02:53 PM
Last Post: UptownSport