Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions, please!!!
I and my brother been doing this since six months ago. We do this out of my 2007 eclipse gt and our tents. You really do learn as you go. We had to stop and get a job... but we learned a lot in the few months we were out there... and have now re-equipped. Ready and raring now... just do lots of reading, lots of talking with the helpful people here and learn as you go. Once you have the basics, everything else falls into place with time. I have a blog that talks about what we are doing and have done; lots of pictures and maps and text.
Add Thank You Reply
(02-29-2016, 08:02 AM)KayakGirl Wrote: Hey FlipFlops -- Downsizing has been the biggest challenge I have ever taken on.  OH. MY. GOSH.  What an endeavor!  I am getting there, however, and anxious to get out there when my old house sells (hopefully this year).  I have my van, and have it fixed up.  One mistake I made was fixing it up over the last year to what I thought I wanted.  It's comfy and I love it, but I have ended up changing some things and thus essentially wasting money. Not a lot, but still.  I think several here have the right idea.  Get the essentials, get out there, and then do it as you go along. I think you will get a better idea of what you need and want.  Wish I had done it that way and not got into overthinking everything.

That's one reason I keep everything portable.  Your needs can change rather suddenly, and if everything is portable, it is just a matter of rearranging, rather than rebuilding.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Off Grid 24/7 for this post:
FlipFlops (02-29-2016)
"learn as you go. "
yes. As I over night more , I discover how important warm clothing / bedding is.
& to keep everything organized so I can find things in the dark if I want to
go stealth
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Silver for this post:
FlipFlops (02-29-2016)
(02-29-2016, 01:53 PM)Off Grid 24/7 Wrote: That's one reason I keep everything portable.  Your needs can change rather suddenly, and if everything is portable, it is just a matter of rearranging, rather than rebuilding.

Thanks for your tips!!!
“The Price of Anything is the Amount of Life You Exchange For It.” ~ Henry David Thoreau

Add Thank You Reply