Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Unlimited Verizon 3G $5 a month
My first hotspot came in a week but I've heard they have a medical issue over the weekend so they may be behind. I have a number to text them with at home.
Add Thank You Reply
(04-15-2016, 05:00 PM)jimindenver Wrote: My first hotspot came in a week but I've heard they have a medical issue over the weekend so they may be behind. I have a number to text them with at home.
Ah, medical issues take precedence. Just hadn't heard anything and then the phone number not working......
Was just wondering.
Thank You

Wandering Larry
Larry D.
1989 B350 Dodge Van
2014 6x12 cargo
2001 Yamaha TW200
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
Kayak
1993 Damon Hornet - parked in NV as my domicile marker
Living my new nomadic life
Going to the RTR in Jan.

Add Thank You Reply
Larry

812 709 1327 is the number I have for texting them.
Add Thank You Reply
(04-15-2016, 06:22 PM)jimindenver Wrote: Larry

812 709 1327 is the number I have for texting them.
Thank you.
Will give another week before bugging them.

Wandering Larry
Larry D.
1989 B350 Dodge Van
2014 6x12 cargo
2001 Yamaha TW200
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
Kayak
Going to the RTR in Jan.

Add Thank You Reply
I'm looking into this. The link in the first post doesn't work--eBay says the store doesn't exist.

I also did some research and found this info posted 3 years ago:

Quote:So my brother tells me Verizon is actively trying to combat the MIFI flashed to verizon prepaid, On mulitple fronts.

They have contacted ebay, and ebay sellers have been suspended.
And here is the one that sucks for all of us that use verizon prepaid.... They renew and send a new AAA Key every 4 to 7 days.....
And may also resend or renew the A-Key.

...they are targeting JETPACK and MIFI users...

Just giving you a heads up, And to flashers who flash the MiFi devices, Verizon is actively searching Craigslist and eBay, One eBay seller is now being sued by verizon and they found him on Craigslist in Salem, Oregon.

Now, obviously, if this is 3 years outdated and yet still a prevalent option then clearly they aren't having much success tamping it down. But, I feel it is helpful to know in terms of the risks of it ceasing to work.
Add Thank You Reply
Thank you for the link. I've been looking for the details on flashing but there isn't a lot on it. I do know of those intentionally abusive, one was claiming 90 gb in a month. The likes are there in any unlimited situation, look at what happened to Karma.
Add Thank You Reply
After seeing more issues M-S seems to be having including getting rather rude with one member on a different forum, I will have to say I would avoid them as a seller until they get things straightened out. The price is good, the hotspots work great but none of that matters if you don't get what you paid for.

I can't edit the OP. I would appreciate it if the links to Mobile-Solutions could be removed. There are other sellers on ebay.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
Goshawk (06-26-2016), Bitty (04-18-2016)
Still hopeful after all they already have my money.

Wandering Larry
Larry D.
1989 B350 Dodge Van
2014 6x12 cargo
2001 Yamaha TW200
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
Kayak
Going to the RTR in Jan.

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to ldmccain for this post:
Cammalu (04-18-2016)
I hope so too or at least be able to get a refund. I see a number of other sellers on ebay.
Add Thank You Reply
(03-08-2016, 02:43 AM)Goshawk Wrote: But please respond to this thread in 60 days and let us know if it's still working at 3G speed.

I did want to respond on the service side of things seller aside.

My original prepaid service ran out earlier this month. I had planned on getting the 6 months pre paid through said seller but didn't have the chance so I did it for a month.

The number you call is Verizon. Just following the menu will land you on the add a card area. Adding your number as soon as it answers and then entering your pin will put you in the pay by credit card area. I put a card on the account for convenience and paid the $5. It is still working well after the cut off date.

So I would imagine you would have the choice of prepaid cards or paying with a credit card with any of the sellers. They just set up the basic account.
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Verizon 3G MiFi Unlimited $5 a month Jeanne Temple 12 372 Yesterday, 07:33 PM
Last Post: B and C
  Unlimited Sprint LTE for $14 a month. jimindenver 59 8,524 01-07-2018, 08:45 PM
Last Post: RMtnMik
  Unlimited AT&T $20 a month jimindenver 238 16,998 12-27-2017, 07:58 PM
Last Post: John61CT