Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stopped with guns in vehicle [was: Another gun thread]
Excellent post, Bitty! Well said.
 [Image: Updated%20sig%20pic.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
So far so good on a touchy subject. But let's keep a tight lid on our emotions.

Logic and facts only please--on either side.
Bob
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
Well,I haven't seen any gun haters on here.Only people discussing the limits or lack of, of the second amendment .Regardless of where you stand on the subject,I predict some big changes with a new liberal justice on the Supreme Court.
Add Thank You Reply
Many things will change, as the balance of the Supreme Court is skewed.  Guns are only one.  But bad firearms legislation will remain a fast track to the unemployment line for politicians.  On both sides of the aisle.
This forum is on probation again.  Bob, turn your PMs on!
Add Thank You Reply
Careful here folks. A couple of posts have been deleted due to calling politicians by a derogatory name. It's just not allowed to call anyone by a derogatory name here.
Add Thank You Reply
with all do respect, VT Do you really believe that no harm was done after a 1000 rounds fired, isn't there any carcinogenic toxic fall out, that you breath in from gun powder or damage to your ears, or birds, lizards etc from the loud noise. He has no ear protection nor do the fellows a few feet away on the tailgate, and no one is wearing a mask to protect from inhaling the fumes or goggles to protect that little girls eyes. I would think that a lot of damage is being done here. What about the bullets where do they go? Do they do any harm? Has any harm been done to the environment when these were manufactured? If your little group fired off a thousand rounds how many more of these groups are there every single day. There are twice as many people who get injured then killed every day by firearms, over 200 everyday,  how many, at these events? How serious are those injuries?  Funny how that adds up huh?
Add Thank You Reply
The same could be said about cars, trains, boats, factories. Do you wear a mask when you go into cities, do you wear ear plugs when you're around potentially loud things such as construction? Nearly everything that is created by man has some sort of down side to it.

Do guns have downsides? Absolutely, but so does nearly everything else that we use every day.

The point of this thread was to learn the transportation requirements and whether or not I am required to declare any gun that is not a conceal carry. it wasn't meant to turn into a thread where everyone argues their side.

I respect everyone's opinion on here but that doesn't mean we should attempt to force our views on people who clearly have no intentions of changing what the believe.
2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 pulling a 1996 21 foot StarCraft
Adventure begins in May
23 years old, from Michigan
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Oopslala for this post:
highdesertranger (05-07-2016)
(05-07-2016, 02:19 PM)Oopslala Wrote: The same could be said about cars, trains, boats, factories. Do you wear a mask when you go into cities, do you wear ear plugs when you're around potentially loud things such as construction? Nearly everything that is created by man has some sort of down side to it.  

Do guns have downsides? Absolutely, but so does nearly everything else that we use every day.  

The point of this thread was to learn the transportation requirements and whether or not I am required to declare any gun that is not a conceal carry.  it wasn't meant to turn into a thread where everyone argues their side.    

I respect everyone's opinion on here but that doesn't mean we should attempt to force our views on people who clearly have no intentions of changing what the believe.
with respect,  you start a gun thread, label it another gun thread, then you expect it not to behave like all other gun threads. Simply by starting a gun thread you are promoting the use of guns, why would you not expect someone to add another side to that story, Posting a smiling picture of a child at a range insinuating that it is wholesome family fun, is not that different then posting a picture of a car filled with kids laughing in the back while Mum and her bestie are puffing away in the front seat.
Add Thank You Reply
(05-07-2016, 03:26 PM)flying kurbmaster Wrote: with respect,  you start a gun thread, label it another gun thread, then you expect it not to behave like all other gun threads. Simply by starting a gun thread you are promoting the use of guns, why would you not expect someone to add another side to that story, Posting a smiling picture of a child at a range insinuating that it is wholesome family fun, is not that different then posting a picture of a car filled with kids laughing in the back while Mum and her bestie are puffing away in the front seat.

But range day is wholesome family fun. You're going to say it's not because you choose to assume that everyone is being poisoned by gunpowder and then present that assumption as fact? Seriously? I would say that logic is unheard of but really it's an analogy for most anti gun arguments.
[Image: W2lacLw.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
Stay on topic. The OP has asked "questions regarding being stopped with guns in the vehicle." Further off-topic posts will be deleted.
Add Thank You Reply