Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Summer RTR in Flagstaff - Cancelled? Relocated?
Maybe there will be a gathering next year with a permit? I hope so.
Add Thank You Reply
JeriLynn, You can count on the Quartzsite gathering taking place.
I'd like to give myself a few negative ratings, because I am such a big meanie. The forum won't allow it. Feel free!

Cyndi (made it across the cattle guard)
http://rvlyeverafter.blogspot.com/

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Adam Savage
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to cyndi for this post:
JeriLynn (06-26-2016)
(06-26-2016, 08:36 AM)cyndi Wrote: JeriLynn, You can count on the Quartzsite gathering taking place.

I have the feeling there will be a lot of PM's setting up smaller get togethers.   Wink
Trouble rather a tiger in his lair than a sage at his books. To you kingdoms and armies are mighty and enduring, to him they are toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. G Dickson.
Add Thank You Reply
What about the sign did a go fund me page get set up to help pay for it. Where can I contribute.
Bast
Add Thank You Reply
I think Bob is waiting to find out what it will be , sure he'll let us know the scoop when he finds out !
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC CRVL edition
12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
This was my first RTR, I arrived Friday afternoon after driving from Reno, along with my friend Steve.  I wanted to see, first hand, what/how others modified their rigs to their liking.  Thanks to all of you that were so open & willing to let me look at your rigs & for answering all my questions.

Saturday's 1200 meeting/topic of Hygiene.  My initial reason to attend was to meet others.  Much to my surprise, I found the topic was interesting/informative.  My take away from this gathering was the idea of using my B&G sprayer for a shower.  One of the first things I did upon returning home was to modify it so it is now has a real metal shower head at the end of the rubber hose.  Thanks to whoever presented the notion/idea/demo because my B&G sprayer is now a permanent part of things inside my van.  Definitely something I'll use on a daily basis & something I can use to power wash my eating utensils.

Sunday's 1000 meeting on Gadgets.  My take-a-ways from this gathering were:
     1.  Long nose pliers & paper clips - the lady sitting next to me demo'd the idea.  I've now added a supply of paper clips of varying size in my tool box which already contains several sizes of long nose pliers.

2.  Thanks to Chuck for telling us about the JetPack gadget so I can have my own HOTSPOT.  I should be receiving mine from Mobile Solutions within the next several days.

3.  Thanks to the lady that demo'd the small hand held pump-it-up sprayer she showed that she used for a shower.  I now have something similar that I used to keep myself soaking wet when driving back across hot Nevada on my way home.  The water/sprayer & evaporation kept me cool as a cucumber in my van which otherwise would have been more like a convection oven.

Tuesday, I met up with a small group, at a different location, consisting of Mark, Shea, Eric (oooops....Ellis), Ken, & Phillip.  Thanks to Ken for straightening me out on what I needed for a HOTSPOT & what I needed to improve my 3G phone reception.

Jim was the nearest person/rig to where Steve & I parked on Friday.  I sincerely appreciate his open willingness to share his time & conversation with me.  Best of all was him showing me the inside of his van & what he did to modify it to his liking.  His van was similar in size & shape to my own.

A SUGGESTION: --- I sure wish others wore name tags.  It would make it much easier for MEeee & others to remember, names to faces.

AZClaimjumper aka
Bill Cole
1992 Ford E250
Add Thank You Reply
I'm the one that showed the brightly colored parachute cord. Here is a link if you are interested in buying some in the color of your choice. https://toughgrid.com/shop/
Add Thank You Reply
Thanks for your thoughts about the RTR. It sounds like a good time was had by all even though the gathering had to break up early. Hope you can make it to the winter one in Quartzsite!

Don't worry about remembering names. No one will take offensive if you have to ask what their name is multiple times. It's especially challenging to put real names to forum names and then try to remember that along with the correct face and van. :-D
Add Thank You Reply
In this order, I remember the vans, the pets, and most of the faces.  The names are hard.   Blush
Trouble rather a tiger in his lair than a sage at his books. To you kingdoms and armies are mighty and enduring, to him they are toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. G Dickson.
Add Thank You Reply
(06-26-2016, 03:52 AM)JeriLynn Wrote: Maybe there will be a gathering next year with a permit? I hope so.

I rather suspect, WITH A PERMIT, the RTR would be subject to even more scrutiny  Angry
Add Thank You Reply