Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Summer RTR in Flagstaff - Cancelled? Relocated?
(07-02-2016, 05:07 PM)AZClaimjumper Wrote: I rather suspect, WITH A PERMIT, the RTR would be subject to even more scrutiny  Angry

Everyone at the "Q" RTR has a permit.
Trouble rather a tiger in his lair than a sage at his books. To you kingdoms and armies are mighty and enduring, to him they are toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. G Dickson.
Add Thank You Reply
(07-02-2016, 05:07 PM)AZClaimjumper Wrote: I rather suspect, WITH A PERMIT, the RTR would be subject to even more scrutiny  Angry

Yeah, I'm not sure I get it, if a permit was obtained why would scrutiny be an issue? Huh
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to AltTransBikes for this post:
AZClaimjumper (07-04-2016)
(07-02-2016, 10:25 PM)AltTransBikes Wrote: Yeah, I'm not sure I get it, if a permit was obtained why would scrutiny be an issue? Huh

Because the authorities really don't WANT a bunch of shiftless vagrants cluttering up their nice, clean forest, maybe?

Gypsies, tramps, and thieves need not apply . . .
Regards
John

Life is not about discovering yourself.  Life is about creating yourself!

Talk is cheap because of simple economics: The supply FAR exceeds the demand!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Optimistic Paranoid for this post:
AZClaimjumper (07-04-2016)
You sure have not been paying attention to the members.  

We are all professionals of one kind or another.  Traveling and spending our retirement checks!   Idea  Or on vacation from a well paying job.  (That's my story, and I am sticking too it!) 

And I do have a shift I sleep in!   Tongue  (Gaelic for shirt)
Trouble rather a tiger in his lair than a sage at his books. To you kingdoms and armies are mighty and enduring, to him they are toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. G Dickson.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
ArtW (07-04-2016)
(07-04-2016, 10:01 AM)GotSmart Wrote: You sure have not been paying attention to the members.  

We are all professionals of one kind or another.  Traveling and spending our retirement checks!   Idea  Or on vacation from a well paying job.  (That's my story, and I am sticking too it!) 

And I do have a shift I sleep in!   Tongue  (Gaelic for shirt)

I agree, those of at the RTR are professionals of one kind or another. 
However, I agree with Optimistic Paranoid viewpoint that the Rangers view us as, vagrants & shiftless.

My point being that with a permit, Rangers will come looking closer to see if they can find any violations that they can issue a citation.  (That's my story, & I'm sticking to it!)
Add Thank You Reply
(07-04-2016, 05:01 PM)AZClaimjumper Wrote: I agree, those of at the RTR are professionals of one kind or another. 
However, I agree with Optimistic Paranoid viewpoint that the Rangers view us as, vagrants & shiftless.

My point being that with a permit, Rangers will come looking closer to see if they can find any violations that they can issue a citation.  (That's my story, & I'm sticking to it!)

Let them look.  Bob insists on a clean campsite.  The BLM guys in Q know we leave it cleaner than we found it.  

Without a permit and we get run off.  I will play their game as there are much greater odds on staying with the extra govt issue slick TP.  Tongue
Add Thank You Reply
The large groups like the WINS, LOWS, Escapees and countless other pull permits for their gatherings all the time. It doesn't bring more scrutiny. It makes someone responsible for the area they are camping in
I'd like to give myself a few negative ratings, because I am such a big meanie. The forum won't allow it. Feel free!

Cyndi (made it across the cattle guard)
http://rvlyeverafter.blogspot.com/

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Adam Savage
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to cyndi for this post:
GotSmart (07-05-2016)
'Shiftless vagrants' don't bother with permits. I don't want to live thinking I have to slink around in the shadows.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to AltTransBikes for this post:
Lookin4rock (07-05-2016), GotSmart (07-05-2016)
I agree. I refuse to do anything that requires
Me to hafta look over my shoulder!

Lookin4rock
Add Thank You Reply
I see no issues with getting a permit. It's not hard to see why one is needed once groups reach a certain size. Reason is simple.......there are just enough a**holes out there that make it necessary, just look along the sides of any highway and see the piles of trash to realize that. A permit holds someone accountable at the end of the day.

Doesn't sound like anybody expected this kind of turn out this year and thus the unfortunate outcome

Pull a permit the next few years, rangers see a clean well kept camp full of courteous campers and their attitudes will shift towards the group very fast.
I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Every Road Leads Home for this post:
AZClaimjumper (07-07-2016), Lookin4rock (07-05-2016)