Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running on Fumes
About a million years ago, I bought a vaporizer fuel system in WYO. all the sales hype talked Me into it. It was the economizer- 2000 or something like that.
Some fancy mason jar with secret sized orifices that supposedly turned gas in to magic extra BTU stuff. I was then and still am now a bit of a engine guy, ( I was the owner of a hot rod engine machine shop for many years) I did fall for the sales hype and drank the kool-aide. I worked with it for the life cycle of the device, changed the plugs, engine timing, carb jets (yes this engine was before electronic injection and a type of engine that would see the most benefit of vaporization)and about any thing else you can imagine to make it work, I had little else to do really young family man trying to pinch pennies and make a life.

IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!!

Sure in some instance or situations(simple engines, lawn mowers, gennys) IT WILL give the economy as stated but by and large,( in normal driving conditions) It flat does not work, especially in a electronically controlled fuel injected engine It is not possible in any way that a bubbler or any other vaporizer system is going to get what a electronically controlled system is going to get...............
Ní uasal aon uasal ach sinne bheith íseal: Éirímis
The great appear great because we are on our knees: Let us rise
Add Thank You Reply
This goes back a few years.  I remember my father's 57 Chevy in line 6 cylinder.  The carburetor sat right over the spot where the intake and exhaust manifolds came together.  Intake air/fuel was heated.  Before the mix got to the cylinders the liquid was evaporated.  If there was unevaporated liquid in the intake manifold the engine was "flooded" and very hard to start.

Fast forward about 60 years.  Digital electronics using a mass air flow sensor now meter the fuel rather than air flow mass through a venturi.  The compression stroke heats the air a lot.  That's the point.  Any unevaporated mist droplets evaporate in that heat.  That's how diesels can even run at all.

You don't need to do anything, your engine is running on fumes already.  Physics has fumigated your motor.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. 1 of Ten Cannots, Rev. William John Henry Boetcker, 1916.
Add Thank You Reply
Sorry, Trebor. That is not how engine fuel worked then or now.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to ccbreder for this post:
Weight (03-24-2017)
(09-09-2016, 03:44 PM)johnny b Wrote: The real question of course is 'how practical is this system'?
In other words...real world usage.
1. Cold weather starting?
2. Torque for pulling a heavy load...either in the van or behind it?
3. Throttle response...merging onto the hiway?
4. Changes in altitude...relative air density?
Those are the first four off the top of my head.

None of those videos actually showed some one driving around....just driveway surfing.

DS, I offer this as a precaution....gasoline as a liquid is relatively safe to use and handle....as a vapor is where it becomes highly explosive. Be sure to use some form of back flow protection...a backfire from the motor could ignite the vapor canister quite 'vigorously'! I've lost an eyebrow or two in my days of playing with hot rods and carburetors from the flames of a backfire. (What were ya doin so close to the carb? dad asks. Just tryin to see if it was gettin gas! This is how young boys learn!)

Good luck.

Vaporazation of gasoline is very practical due to the simplicity of the conversion. I don't know much else.

(09-10-2016, 02:08 PM)TMG51 Wrote: That being said. Good to see you posting again. How's that diesel van running? You made it to Canada? Why the gasoline interest?

Diesel van is running great, but needs a proactive check up.
Yes I had a beautiful time in Alberta, was at every relatives house except 2. Aside from that experienced the Calgary Stampede, West Edmonton Mall (largest mall in North America), Canada Day fireworks in Medicine Hat & Peace River Airshow.
Because, running on gasoline vapor is my ticket to freedom! Yes, I will still be buying and burning gas from the oil monopoly; but way less gas.

(09-10-2016, 03:31 PM)poncho62 Wrote: But, but, but...........What about those magic carburetors that were developed years ago that the big gas companies bought up and kept secret?

Exactly!

(09-10-2016, 03:39 PM)SternWake Wrote: I wonder what the next method to defeat physics and the status quo will be. Do I hear chopping of wood in the background?

We should be glad that go go juice is as easily available and cheap as it is.

You never had to wonder. No you don't hear chopping of wood in the background?

Go go juice won't be easily available and cheap forever.
Working to earn my CDL so I can get ahead & LIVE LIFE!

debitservus.wordpress.com

Time saved is Time Banked* & value added.  *in quality of life context.

Add Thank You Reply
"Vaporazation of gasoline is very practical due to the simplicity of the conversion."

If it worked and is so simple, the governments of the world would mandate it...especially for third world nations.

"I don't know much else."

That's OK, keep on learning from the You Tube, 'cause if it's on the InterWeb, it must be true!

Rolleyes
Sad
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues;
Just you wait and see.
Add Thank You Reply
(09-14-2016, 10:59 AM)johnny b Wrote: "Vaporazation of gasoline is very practical due to the simplicity of the conversion."

If it worked and is so simple, the governments of the world would mandate it...especially for third world nations.

This is one of the last things the oil monopoly wants...

Anyway I plan to confirm it with a lawn mower and the HONDA genset before buying another van with a carburated gas engine to convert to run on gasoline vapor. Then I will be sipping gas on a pampered ass, living my dream life.

Add Thank You Reply
"Then I will be sipping gas on a pampered ass, living my dream life."

The best of wishes on that dream life....seems reality is just a tad out of reach!

Please keep some fire extinguishers close.
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues;
Just you wait and see.
Add Thank You Reply
For a project that you describe as so simple to convert, and with such a potential for fuel savings, I'm surprised to find that you haven't moved beyond the planning stage in the six months after bringing up the subject.
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...uy?page=20

Guy
"We're all bozos on the bus, so might as well sit back and enjoy the ride."

Wavy Gravy

Add Thank You Reply
(09-27-2016, 02:23 PM)johnny b Wrote: Please keep some fire extinguishers close.
OK.
(09-27-2016, 04:17 PM)gsfish Wrote: For a project that you describe as so simple to convert, and with such a potential for fuel savings, I'm surprised to find that you haven't moved beyond the planning stage in the six months after bringing up the subject.
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...uy?page=20

Guy

It's because I had done a lot within the last six months. 
In Order (this is the shortlist):
-Agreed to the financing of the FORD van
-Dismantled the DODGE van
-Sold the DODGE van
-Fitted out the FORD for full-time living
-Pedicabbed 3 dozen nights between March-June
-Left San Jose for the summer
-Attended EDC Las Vegas 2016
-Spent long-overdue time with relatives in CANADA
-Returned to San Jose to get ready for Burning Man
-Built the All-In-One hydronic cooling system
-Other Burning Man projects.
-Rented a trailer for Burning Man
-Loaded the gear into the trailer
-Attended Burning Man 2016
-Returned the trailer
-Post-Burn cleanup & repairs.
-Began Pedicabbing again
-Working for Money as money goes the farthest

Planning on confirming gasoline vaporization later this year.

Add Thank You Reply
Has anybody run on gasoline vapor?

Add Thank You Reply