Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solo
WELL i know nothing has been posted in here for a long time.. so i figured id write something . I'm a single guy. and i know we've touched this subject in a few other places.. But i figured i'd write a new topic here.

It sucks being single in general for me anyway. not everyone. but  I would LOVE to meet a girl who is into the whole van dwelling thing. or whom is a van dweller her self. i'm 30. and i know that's probably rather younger compared to a lot of other dwellers.. and when i look into the future.. i really don't see it being very likely that i'll find that. that sounds real pessemistic but thats just my own thoughts.

also im not sure how most of you guys do it.. or how often you are with other dwellers in general. i dont mean girlfriend /boyfriend , husband/wife thing.... or if van dwelling is more of an "individual/significant other" activity. i guess my version of it would be , me always with other dwellers, traveling as groups .. is that common? maybe thats just my insecurities about being alone talking. lol. But if im being honest with myself.. i guess i need that. or want that anyway... also.. has anyone ever done that before? met someone and began traveling with them.. maybe from the net, or other things.. sorry i know i write a lot always every post i write.. then i say sorry. oh well. hope to hear back from some people
Add Thank You Reply
The average age of people in this group looks to be considerably older than you but it seems like what you're asking about for in the second part of your post - a mobile community , in an experimental stage at this point. http://mobilecodgers.blogspot.com/2012/0...intop.html
Add Thank You Reply
Thanks Tony and Karen. This is what I seek. People and freedom. From the outside looking in, I will probably try to meet up with these people someday.
@Johnny.  Sometimes when we are most relaxed and happy with ourselves and accepting that we (let me replace the we with 'I') are not perfect nor is anyone else, someone comes along at the right time to enjoy and love. Not all love and relationships last but so what? If you respect each other and care enough to let someone follow their own path even if they only crossed yours for a while, will you be better off? I like to think so.
Enough psycobabble from me.
Dragonfly
Add Thank You Reply
Being alone is probably the hardest thing about this for me. I have been doing this less then a month, so Im hoping it will get better. But I would be interested in traveling with others. Im hoping to meet up with others when I winter in arizona. I haven't been in a relationship for a long time. There are aspects of that I miss, but also its not that big of a deal to me. I dont look for it anymore. If its meant to be it will happen. I hardly ever read books, so that is something I am trying to do more to pass the time.
Add Thank You Reply
Quote:I hardly ever read books, so that is something I am trying to do more to pass the time.

Give Louis L'Amour a try. His 100+ books have given me endless hours of entertainment and only require a small light to read by inside and no energy required outside. Find a secondhand book store and you can get them cheap. My home town has one of these book stores where you can trade in books you've read for ones you haven't, which makes reading even cheaper. He has so many books in print that once you've read one you can come back months later and read it again and it's like reading it for the first time. Of course, I'm blessed with a bad memory, which helps. Good luck.
Add Thank You Reply
There is one of those stores by me too. Same here on the memory. When they sent me to the line to get my memory I couldn't remember where it was.
  Now where did I see that book store.
Add Thank You Reply
I'm way, way too old for you but wish you well in your quest.
 [Image: Updated%20sig%20pic.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
I'm still looking for a van. I know about being alone though. I have spent enough alone time the way it is. Sometimes I prefer it that way. However, being alone is hard enough for me at times the way it is so I'm not so sure how well i'll handle it long term. I intend to stay out of cities as much as possible, in the wilderness as wilderness as it can be (Where the Wild Things Are). In a better world there would be someone full of buttery goodness and awesomness to share that kind of life with and put up with my oddities. The current situation has chances of that happening as slim to none. I'm always hopeful tho.

Quote: Sometimes when we are most relaxed and happy with ourselves and accepting that we (let me replace the we with 'I') are not perfect nor is anyone else, someone comes along at the right time to enjoy and love. Not all love and relationships last but so what? If you respect each other and care enough to let someone follow their own path even if they only crossed yours for a while, will you be better off? I like to think so. 

^^awesome

Add Thank You Reply
I thought you were married???
mockturtle Wrote:I'm way, way too old for you but wish you well in your quest.
Add Thank You Reply
 One word: DOG.
Add Thank You Reply