Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobo At Heart
The teardrop can not be heated with just an electric space heater plugged into the house? Just use a heavy gauge extension cord. 10 gauge would be best, but 12 might work as well.
The world is not perfect, and neither am I. Get over it already. 
Add Thank You Reply
(12-09-2016, 12:59 PM)DannyB1954 Wrote: The teardrop can not be heated with just an electric space heater plugged into the house? Just use a heavy gauge extension cord. 10 gauge would be best, but 12 might work as well.

It could, but there isn't really anywhere to sit the heater. Also, it gets a bit cramped if the weather is bad. There isn't really anywhere to go other than on the bed. It's great when the weather is nice as we spend all our time outside other than sleeping.
HoboSteve
1993 Jamboree Searcher 24'
Add Thank You Reply
A van...in Michigan...with no rust?

Brahahahahahahaha.
Add Thank You Reply
Ok, so that was mean. Sorry

My family is is all over Michigan from the Zoo to the Soo. They want me to move home but I hate the humidity
Add Thank You Reply
(12-09-2016, 06:52 PM)jimindenver Wrote: Ok, so that was mean. Sorry

My family is is all over Michigan from the Zoo to the Soo. They want me to move home but I hate the humidity

Not mean, realistic! I have seen some, but they are only a year or two old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HoboSteve
Add Thank You Reply
Well now we've done it!

The wife and I are now proud owners of Rrrrrvee! First I sell my house, then I buy a class c. All since I found this forum. You guys have warped me!

We really wish that we could make it to RTR, but we have to be back in Michigan by 1/26. I could make it in 4 days, but do I want to? Not really! Besides, I don't want to push the new (to me) RV. I'd rather not be surprised in the middle of nowhere. I guess that's inevitable though, huh?

We will be planning a trip out of the frozen tundra around the end of February if all goes according to plan. Have made reservations to meet our daughter from NY in Charleston SC in April.

I gotta say, I'm scared silly, and excited stupid!
HoboSteve
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Stephen for this post:
Cancan (12-01-2017)
congrats, I think pics are mandatory. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
(01-03-2017, 07:58 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: congrats,  I think pics are mandatory.  highdesertranger

As soon as I can!
HoboSteve
Add Thank You Reply
[Image: ee3a409b45f1bfeb3f023686d41ec1f6.jpg] I said I would post a pic of our new rig when I could. More to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HoboSteve
Add Thank You Reply
Ok...I'm startin' to freak out here. We are about six weeks from hitting the road. This is something I have wanted to do for thirty years, but never thought possible. Now that the gapping maw of the road is about to swallow us up, I am starting to get the willies!

We found out today that we still owe too much on our car to trade in to get something a bit smaller to tow behind our class c. Our car won't tow flat, so I either leave it behind, or get a dolly. I don't want to do the dolly!

The MH is in the shop getting some small work done. When I pick it up, the only other thing I need is to replace the house battery.

Sure, there's a ton of other stuff, but nothing that should stop me from heading down that ribbon of highway. We are leaving MI no later than mid March. We've got a few things that need to be settled before we go. I sorta feel the same way when I get on a roller coaster. I'm excited as hell and hope it doesn't kill me!   Sad
HoboSteve
Add Thank You Reply