Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobo At Heart
What is the car's make and model? Almost any car can be towed by disconnecting drive train components or installing freewheeling devices, but a dolly is much easier to do.
Add Thank You Reply
We are at our first boondocking site. I must say I'm a bit disappointed. The view is wonderful, but the neighbors are not. Partying on one side of us and kinda scary folks on the other. Not sure if we are staying.
HoboSteve
1993 Jamboree Searcher 24'
Add Thank You Reply
What kind of scary folks? What kind of rig are they in?

I like your RV, by the way. It looks comfortable.
Add Thank You Reply
(03-22-2017, 05:17 PM)Bud Smiley Wrote: What kind of scary folks? What kind of rig are they in?

Not so scary I guess. Needed a jump and they were most appreciative. The party continues however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HoboSteve
Add Thank You Reply
(03-22-2017, 05:17 PM)Bud Smiley Wrote: What kind of scary folks? What kind of rig are they in?

It is comfy!

HoboSteve
Add Thank You Reply
What kind of boondocking site?
Add Thank You Reply
(03-22-2017, 06:14 PM)OutdoorFT Wrote: What kind of boondocking site?

WMA. Just out of town.

HoboSteve
Add Thank You Reply
I haven't written here in some time. It seems that the adventure I was hoping for was not to be, or at least somewhat delayed. We bought our 24' C class a year ago. We have done a bit of traveling, but not like I expected. Between Doctor's appointments and lack of funds, our travel has been pretty limited. I was really hoping to attend 2018 RTR, but then got another DR. Appointment for January 25. It's a bit of a commute from Quartzsite back here to Michigan.

I called today to see if there was any chance I could get my appointment changed and it was. Now, without any more interruptions from Doctors wanting to do nefarious things to me, we just might make it. I don't know whether to be excited or cautious. We should know in a couple of weeks if we are going to make it.
HoboSteve
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Stephen for this post:
bullfrog (12-01-2017), Cancan (12-01-2017)
Texas is an option - no state income tax.. ck escapees..
Add Thank You Reply
The plan is to make it to RTR this year. Doctor’s appointments have been changed and everything is a go that can be. Now the question is how to get there without freezing!

We live in Michigan. As everybody knows, the country is now enveloped in a major cold snap. Everything north and west of New Mexico is experiencing severe cold. The thought of driving in snow doesn’t make me real happy, but it can be done. Sleeping is what worries me.

Night time temps seem to be in the teens east and north of Dallas. Without stopping at a park so we can plug in, we will be in the cold. I don’t feel comfortable leaving Mr Buddy on while we sleep. We could drive until we hit warmer weather, but that would mean driving around the clock. We’re in our sixties. We don’t do that so well anymore.

I guess the only choice is to just pull up our big girl panties and do the best we can. If anyone has a suggestion around this dilemma, let me know. Otherwise, see you at RTR. Please hand me a warm cup of coffee!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HoboSteve
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Stephen for this post:
bullfrog (12-30-2017)