Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Wells New Video Channel
Seems like a lot of great videos with important content are going to be lost. that's too bad
Here's what Jamie/Enigmatic Nomadic had to say
https://youtu.be/tyJMWakvatU
I'd like to give myself a few negative ratings, because I am such a big meanie. The forum won't allow it. Feel free!

Cyndi (made it across the cattle guard)
http://rvlyeverafter.blogspot.com/

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Adam Savage
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to cyndi for this post:
poprouge (09-30-2016), RossCoe (09-29-2016), Vagabound (09-29-2016)
Bob:

I respect your decision to move back to your own channel and please keep the educational videos coming our way.

Marshall
IdahoAdventurer
2016 Four Winds 33SW Super C
Active camper since 1960
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to IdahoAdventurer for this post:
RossCoe (09-29-2016)
(09-29-2016, 04:11 PM)VanLifeCrisis Wrote: Collaborative youtube efforts are usually posted on BOTH channels aren't they?

If two parties work on a project does the project not belong to both parties?
I am confused!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Van Lady  Heart

Add Thank You Reply
(09-29-2016, 04:13 PM)cyndi Wrote: Seems like a lot of great videos with important content are going to be lost. that's too bad
https://youtu.be/tyJMWakvatU

Yeah. The more I look at this, the more it kinda smells very contrary to the ideals purported in most of the videos that are now missing. The posted videos provided a service to many people...just pulling them all down seems petty.

Ford E450 Box Truck RV Conversion
...but no pictures thanks to Photobucket...
Add Thank You Reply
(09-29-2016, 04:58 PM)BradKW Wrote: Yeah. The more I look at this, the more it kinda smells very contrary to the ideals purported in most of the videos that are now missing. The posted videos provided a service to many people...just pulling them all down seems petty.

Brad, thanks for your great input--its very helpful. 

But for all of you who want to enter into wild speculation about something you know nothing, zero, zilch, nada about, I think that may not be the most productive use of your time. Although let's face it, we ALL love gossip--including me! 

Probably 80% (just a guess at the percentage) of the videos will eventually be reposted on my channel.

But for right now my son flew down from Alaska and we are touring Utah together. I love serving you all, but family comes first!! So my time on the internet is at an absolute minimum right now. 

I hope you can all forgive me a little time for myself.
Bob
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 7 users say Thank You to akrvbob for this post:
#1BonBonQueen (11-28-2016), frater secessus (10-01-2016), poprouge (09-30-2016), (09-30-2016), Headache (09-29-2016), highdesertranger (09-29-2016), Marie (09-29-2016)
(09-29-2016, 04:58 PM)BradKW Wrote: Yeah. The more I look at this, the more it kinda smells very contrary to the ideals purported in most of the videos that are now missing. The posted videos provided a service to many people...just pulling them all down seems petty.

Yeah.  The more I look at this......never mind.
Add Thank You Reply
Have fun with your family, Bob!!
Add Thank You Reply
Bob,

I hope you are having a great time with your son, it is great that he flew down to spend time with you.  Nothing better than that.

As far as the video thing goes, you have provided a lot of really informative content to many, very generously to boot so worry not about the second guessers and carry on.

Thank you for sharing with all of us,

Jeff
Add Thank You Reply
(09-29-2016, 05:32 PM)akrvbob Wrote: But for all of you who want to enter into wild speculation about something you know nothing, zero, zilch, nada about, I think that may not be the most productive use of your time. Although let's face it, we ALL love gossip--including me!

Thanks Bob!  Having seen the video from 7 months ago I knew it wasn't nefarious and such.  Splits are never easy no matter how amicable.  I hope everything works out for the best for both parties and that the content which was so helpful for many will be back up again when you have the time.  My offer to assist in uploading still stands.  Enjoy that time with your son!

Heh, when he(Bob) gets back he gets to figure out what to do with TWO channels with his name on them!
Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own.  ~ Bruce Lee

My new blog and discussion!  http://mebelikemeare.com
Add Thank You Reply
I'm sorry to find that this collaboration has ended, I can only hope that you two are still friends. I am, personally, a fan of you both and will not stand on either side, I remain as I always have been. I'm one of those whose lives you both have changed and I think that is all that matters. As for lost content... I'm sure what will replace it will be better and more updated.
1997 Ford Crown Victoria
Freedom cargo trailer 12' X 7'
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Crave for this post:
(10-10-2016)