Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solo women RVers

edited
Add Thank You Reply
Here are some good articles about solo travel for women.

http://www.women-on-the-road.com/Women_o...ssues.html
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to offroad for this post:
Murphie (01-07-2016), masprema (01-07-2016), yogini (11-18-2015)
SoulRaven Wrote:in my travels it seems to me that i meet as many ladies as men in this life style... i must admit i have found no damsels in distress- on the contrary they all were strong opinionated ladies and had there sh=t wired tight...

Used to fall for the damsel type.  Now it has the opposite effect on me.  Run way!! run away!!  Or shoot before it breeds!!  ha ha.

Add Thank You Reply
What if he was your soulmate and you missed it.
gypsydreamer Wrote:Offroad,

HAHAHAHAHAHA!  Or, si quieres, JAJAJAJAJAJAJA! 

I have met One (1) other van dweller, in a campground in Alaska.  He was the campground host, very nice man, invited me over for dinner and we sat around the campfire for the evening.  He talked a lot about his ex and what he didn't like about her.  I let him talk.  After a while, I asked him, "So, if you could design the perfect woman, what would she be like?"  His response, "Just like you."  Well, gettin' late.  Gotta go!  Thanks for dinner!

Ann
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to sidat202 for this post:
ryegal (10-12-2015)
Other side might say sometimes some people need the clear obvious approach before they ever respond.
Add Thank You Reply
Ya, sounds like you weren't MRS. right.
You were MRS. right now. Good call.
gypsydreamer Wrote:Sid,

Hadn't thought of that!  However, I did send him a letter and an email (thanking him for his hospitality) after I left and I have received no response.  So...I don't think so.

Onward Thru The Fog!

Ann
Add Thank You Reply
gypsydreamer Wrote:I have met One (1) other van dweller, in a campground in Alaska.  He was the campground host, very nice man, invited me over for dinner and we sat around the campfire for the evening.  He talked a lot about his ex and what he didn't like about her.  I let him talk.  After a while, I asked him, "So, if you could design the perfect woman, what would she be like?"  His response, "Just like you."  Well, gettin' late.  Gotta go!  Thanks for dinner!

Ann

I've heard about guys doing this from female friends (contemporary and the younger ones), and admittedly even done this when I was in my teens and even 20s. I grew enough to recognize it for what it was and stopped. Funny thing is I'd heard this being done by guys (some at least 20 years my senior) from a lady friend who solo's. To read your story just leaves me shaking my head and a strong urge to face palm in disbelief.

Add Thank You Reply
Im not saying that. BUT, he is a guy alone for awhile. And you never heard back from him.
I would think he would have at least responded with, your welcome.
Add Thank You Reply

Having been alone without so much as even a date for over 10 years now,
if a
woman actually showed any kind of interest in me, I either wouldn't
recognize
it as genuine interest, or I'd faint dead away, sure as heck!

I may already qualify for Tibetan monkhood or something...

Add Thank You Reply
You need to press the volume(where the x is) and it will turn on. That will unmute it.

Lifemagician Wrote:OK!  She beats me by a hair's width!  (I could watch the clip, but not hear it.  My Youtube setting has the sound with an x over it, and I do not know how to change that.)

mockturtle, that describes my situation to a T.

Lifey
Add Thank You Reply