Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solo women RVers
Very well put Mortisha! 

I find that once I get through to single men that I'm really and truly only interested in friendship that most of the time it works out great.  Many times we get into the trading type situation that Mortisha spoke of.  I love to cook and tend to be a natural nurturer...which means I love to feed people.  I'm always happy to do a bit of sewing for folks when the need arises.  I also do haircuts and groom dogs.  I almost always have my kindnesses returned.  Folks will show me cool places I'd never find on my own, show me around and tell me about restaurant specials(yesterday was $1 burrito day at a local restaurant!), give me a ride if I don't feel like rearranging everything so that I can drive the camper van, etc.

Kind of a cool thing happened pretty much on it's own.  I'm teaching a yoga class at the campground I'm staying at and it's all men that are participating! 

One thing I think that singles(that plan on staying single) need to understand is that not everyone can handle it.  I've known plenty of people that simply can't stand being single themselves, or can't stand someone else being single.  I have a couple of friends like that and they are always hounding me to 'settle down' with someone.  For them personally they simply couldn't be single, and in my opinion at least one of them stays in a horrible relationship because of this.
Add Thank You Reply
This was one of the best threads I have read in a long time. I was very motivated by the Youtube video that was shared. Especially that there was a group of ladies getting together.

I would so love to do this type of living, but the solo part has me a bit concerned. I would have my dog with me, but I do worry about safety and break downs.

I'm going to try this short term, such as getting the van and trying it out on weekend traveling. Working out the kinks, buying and learning how to shoot a gun for protection, and how to work on my vehicle if something breaks down. I have 15 more years before I can retire, so I might have it nailed by then. :-)
Add Thank You Reply
(09-09-2012, 07:24 AM)Mortisha Wrote: I think it is all primitive behavior. Men will always feel the need to provide and protect and women will always feel the need to nurture. It isn't a bad thing. I have been a very independent woman all my life and raised 4 kids alone and if a man wants to help me... I agree because not only does it make me feel good but him as well and vice versa. Kinda like emotional bartering... both can give advice to help each other out. I don't feel we are here to compete with each other so much as to compliment each other. Like a puzzle of weakness and strength... it fits together wonderfully =) HuggZ

Couldn't have said it better myself. People try to fight their instincts because of social pressure when really they're just making themselves miserable. I have no problem in either role, if I had a wife who made several times my income, staying at home with the kids would be a no brainer. Of course I'd rather work less and live more in general, which is why I'm here so I'd encourage my wife to do the same.
Add Thank You Reply
I get so tired of people asking you travel alone???? like I walked on the moon and my rig is small I have many  women who travel solo with rigs  a lot larger. there is going to be a get together in Quartsite and I will be able   to go to  ours as  well.  Wink
Add Thank You Reply
(08-18-2012, 06:08 PM)SirJoey Wrote: Having been alone without so much as even a date for over 10 years now,
if a
woman actually showed any kind of interest in me, I either wouldn't
recognize
it as genuine interest, or I'd faint dead away, sure as heck!

I may already qualify for Tibetan monkhood or something...

LOL I doubt it. they say it is like riding a bike it comes back to you. the next day I gave the new bike I  just got to my granddaughter. I wasn't taking any chances. On a more serious note I really miss conversations with a man.
Add Thank You Reply
(08-18-2012, 06:08 PM)SirJoey Wrote: Having been alone without so much as even a date for over 10 years now,
if a
woman actually showed any kind of interest in me, I either wouldn't
recognize
it as genuine interest, or I'd faint dead away, sure as heck!

I may already qualify for Tibetan monkhood or something...

I hear you. I am going on 8 years now myself. I kind of miss female company, but I don't miss the drama at all.
Full timing in Central Florida until spring when I plan to go national.
Add Thank You Reply
(09-09-2012, 02:05 AM)Unchained Wrote: GOOD call. Just please note that if you find a female kicking her van while spewing invective that would make a sailor blush and accusing it's mother of being a POS pig hauler, you probably aren't in any danger of being damselled.
Not that I would ever do such a thing, of course

No, not me either...  ha ha ha ha gasp... bha ha ha ha ha ah
A Canadian Islander
1995 21 foot cargo van
Dodge Ram
Add Thank You Reply
There were many very interesting posts on this thread. Being that relationships is one of my favorite topics, I thought I would chime in with my feelings about this.

I have been on a couple of dating sites for a couple of months. I wrote up my profile empathizing. the life style that I'm undertaking because I don't want to lead someone on, with them thinking about the typical, mainstream way of living life as something that I embrace and want for myself.

Interestingly enough, nobody every writes me, winks at me or shows any interest in me. If I write someone who states they want to travel the world, they love adventure, they live outside the box, they never write. I've come to the conclusion that most people just fantasize about this type of lifestyle, but don't really do anything to make it happen. It's words on paper, with nothing to back it up. Other people think that van dwelling is a form of being homeless. I guess if a van dweller was forced into this kind of lifestyle, it might be, but the majority of van dwellers embrace this lifestyle because of much different reasons; adventure, freedom, adventure, independence, the list goes on.

I had a couple of friends tell me that I'll find the right person the more I spend on the road because that's where I will find my counter-point, a woman who gets me and I get her without all the explaining. I'm looking forward to that day. Not because I need somebody, but because it would be nice to share things with somebody, have a partner in crime, somebody to hang with.

The future awaits. Until then, forward and onward.
Maxine, my 2015 Chevrolet 2500, Express van - Camperized
Designed by me, built by El Kapitan, O.C. CA

Add Thank You Reply
WINK
2015 RTR  adrian.schafgans@gmail.com
Add Thank You Reply
Luciano, to most people, 'want to travel' and 'live outside the box' usually means on jets or cruise ships, to exotic locales, and in different boxes
Add Thank You Reply