Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Towing behind a class C
Wondered if anyone out there tows a vehicle behind their Class C. This will be new to me, I'll be towing a Jeep Wrangler. Got it all set up minus the "Supplemental brake" system. No clue how I'm going to do that. May have to tow without for awhile.

Anyone?

Thanks.
Add Thank You Reply
I towed a GEO convertible behind the Roadtrek for awhile using a tow dolly.  The tow dolly had electric brakes controlled with a brake controller I installed under the dash of the Roadtrek.  The 7 pin trailer wiring connector passes the brake signal to the trailer.  My motorcycle trailer also has electric brakes.  You do not want to apply brakes while in a curve or turn if towing. That Jeep may just push the back end of your C around if it doesn't have working brakes while being towed.  I am not sure of the law vs towed vehicle weight without brakes.  Your stopping distance will be greatly longer without.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.
Add Thank You Reply
Before you leave, postpone you departure date and wire in some brakes!
It would be fool hardy not to.

If you encounter any slippery bad weather towing without brakes you'll be in for some very real brown shorts quality excitement!

Dave
2003 Dodge 5.2 LWB Conversion Van in NJ
Add Thank You Reply
RV break buddy is not that expensive and a must for your and others safety, plus in most states it's the law to have one. Save travels!
Love & Peace Sigrid 
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to brandow58@gmail.com for this post:
wagoneer (12-28-2017)
Be smart be safe Happy Holidays
2015 RTR  adrian.schafgans@gmail.com
Add Thank You Reply
What they said above. Most class C MH have a lot of overhang on back and jeep pushing you in a turn can exert a lot of sideways push.  I have a 28' class A and sometimes tow my Chevy 1500 pu. I use a Break Buddy I got used online for $250. They are very easy to set up. If you can find a newer unit with proportional breaking that is the best. Also check your hitch rating and jeep weight. Good luck in your travels.
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Class C towing a Jeep Liberty MisterRoger 8 227 12-24-2017, 05:46 PM
Last Post: highdesertranger