Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlimited Sprint LTE for $14 a month.
(03-02-2017, 09:05 AM)jimindenver Wrote: The first year it is $250 for the service and device. The second year it is $164 for just the service.  They do have another service now that includes 3G and the ability to use multiple towers but it works out to $25 a month. The LTE only is fast enough for me and the 3G is pretty slow considering I have other devices.

So sprint LTE or not worth it via them. Understood. Speculate but not a lot of sprint customers. So easy to get non competing cell tower connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
(10-26-2016, 09:23 AM)jimindenver Wrote: I found this on Howardforums. 4GCommunity.org has a service that for $250 the first year and $168 a year ($14 a month) after that you get unlimited Sprint LTE. The first year includes the hotspot and service but they have shorter term deals to.

http://www.4gcommunity.org/community-store/

There are no low income requirements and it's not on the shady side like the Verizon 3G. A pretty good deal for unlimited IF you have Sprint coverage.

Hmm so is this like the one you get from CalyxInstitute.com where they also give you a unlimited Sprint 4G LTE because non-profits get it cheap, and also is it true unlimited no throttling?
Add Thank You Reply
Ah ok seems pretty much same as Calyx Institute hotspot, not sure if that group got it for being non-profit as well or not but still same price of $400 a year for service. The Cheaper is 4g only so if you go out into the fringe a little you lose connection.
Add Thank You Reply
TE

I hadn't noticed you replied here before the 3G thread.

I got the LTE only because I have other devices that get Sprint 3G and were I in a area that that was my only connection, it would be for email and light internet, no streaming. Sprint 3G is the slowest of the lower bands but it does give them a larger footprint than people assume. I also get carrier aggregation and have seen a device connect to more than one band but out here in the boonies you are lucky to get one band on a tower. The chance that C.A. will improve things is pretty slim. The chance the $400 hotspot would give me a better experience is slim.

I do enjoy the Franklin 850 even on just LTE. Also Sprints 3G gives them a better footprint than T-mobile has but AT&T and Verizon blow it away. The $400 version would be better as my only device out here in the boonies but in town it wouldn't be needed.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
Jimindenver -- if I got this and used it for heavy streaming in town with good sprint. Would it work well enough? I have att hard wired internet for $60 a month. Use about 100gb with Netflix and YouTube typical.

Add Thank You Reply
Goshawk

With a good signal to a uncongested tower it would work great. It can easily see speeds ion the 30s and I was seeing over 27 Mbps down out in the middle of no where. The great thing is it is truly unlimited and not subject to de-prioritizing or throttling like my Mobley can see over 22 gigs. It has no SD restriction like my T-Mobile binge on service either.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

Add Thank You Reply
Ordered the three month plan with the hotspot device. If it does not work for me, or my son ( two different areas of the city) then will send it back for refund. The membership price is now $35 and not even close to original a year ago.

Add Thank You Reply
Received the sprint hotspot from 4GCommunity. So far so good. Have a seven day test and mailman dropped it off in box on Friday. First day I could fire it up was today. Got 3mbps download so can live with that for video streaming at home. Sprint seems to be effective. Will continue test all week.

Add Thank You Reply
Reading documentation it says the device needs to have the battery removed after it is charged up. At least for this kind of hotspot. So charging the battery up first then removing the battery.

Add Thank You Reply
I have the Franklin 850 and have never removed the battery.

Right now my 4Gcommunity is the fastest of all my devices but I think it is only because it is roaming on Verizon LTE making it faster than the Verizon 3G. The 850 has a big R on it and my other sprint devices that do not roam have no signal at all.

Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unlimited Verizon 3G $5 a month jimindenver 936 130,741 01-18-2018, 03:00 AM
Last Post: Goshawk
  Verizon 3G MiFi Unlimited $5 a month Jeanne Temple 12 416 01-16-2018, 07:33 PM
Last Post: B and C
  Unlimited AT&T $20 a month jimindenver 238 17,103 12-27-2017, 07:58 PM
Last Post: John61CT