Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Many Conflicting Thoughts
Advice and opinions, others experiences. Great for reference but nothing guaranteed for you and your specfics. Life is complex and it's normal for you to be confused and uncertain. How to progress with your life and deal with life and love as well? What works for others may or may not work for you.
It is the classic dilemma, living ones life vs compromising for relationship happiness. There is always a price to be paid. Few have it all. Someone is paying a price. Great love requires great sacrifice. Willingly.
Finding someone compatible to share your life passions is a challenge. Being a nomad frequently means being singular. Many spend a lifetime searching.
Me thinks break it down into two separate aspects. Nomadic tendencies. Relationship choices and aspects.
Get clarity on one and then progress on the other to see forward. But be prepared for the price to be paid, accept and hopefully clarity will come for you.
Minivanmotoman,  Absolutely Positively.
Crystal Blue Persuasion, music video
https://youtu.be/XDl8ZPm3GrU
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Minivanmotoman for this post:
waverider1987 (11-30-2017)
I've made the decision that come January, I'm going.

Not permanently, I'm not breaking up with my S.O. and moving all my stuff out or anything. But I told her that I need to take a few weeks while I can to just go try this thing out. My plan is to end up at the RTR for at least a few days. I would be coming in during the middle of it, due to a family birthday trip to vegas that goes till the 9th. So, after that, I would be headed that way.

Excited and scared all at the same time. I feel like the timing for doing something like this will never be "just right", but I think this is "good enough" timing. Hopefully I don't chicken out.

I may make a new thread so that I can post questions and updates while I'm out on the road. If so, I'll post the link here. I'll probably post on my van facebook page too, link below.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to waverider1987 for this post:
dawnann7 (12-16-2017), rm.w/aview (12-01-2017)
Not running away from anything. More like running towards something.

Why live a life you aren't passionate about? Travel isn't just something you do for 2 weeks out of the year, on your vacation time. Travel can be a lifestyle, and a sustainable and comfortable one at that. You don't need lots of money to live a life of adventure and freedom.

I wish more people could understand.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to waverider1987 for this post:
dawnann7 (12-16-2017), free2enjoy (12-12-2017), Van Man Dave (12-06-2017), highdesertranger (12-05-2017)
I do understand. It's worth it. You have to Dave yourself before you can help others[Image: 5f254fa49efd20ed175a0ffff30bc211.jpg][Image: 9aef57454b8421be8ea4d3cc452c11a1.jpg]

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
(12-05-2017, 05:49 PM)waverider1987 Wrote: Not running away from anything.  More like running towards something.

Why live a life you aren't passionate about?  Travel isn't just something you do for 2 weeks out of the year, on your vacation time.  Travel can be a lifestyle, and a sustainable and comfortable one at that.  You don't need lots of money to live a life of adventure and freedom.

I wish more people could understand.

You're definitely not running away, but running towards your own authenticity!   Wink

Almost everyone is so far from that.   It's a journey to "self".

I just joined the forum and haven't read all the pages on this thread.  I just wanted to say, "in your absolute freedom to be yourself, who do you want to be with?"  In that freedom, will you move away from a person or towards a person?   If I lose freedom to be with the other, then for me, I am not with my true best friend.  

I want my freedom more than anything else.  Second, I want a companion that is my best buddy where we both are still completely free to be together and to be apart.  Not that it's that utopic but that both of us are settled into our own beings to be interdependent, not codependent.
Add Thank You Reply
Thank you

Add Thank You Reply
I agree after 2 marriages and raised 7 kids to adulthood.. I feel I've spent enough time being a parent now it's time for me to do the things I like and made me happy. Having friends to do it with is just a bonus.

Add Thank You Reply
(12-12-2017, 01:35 PM)Jeremiah Diminovich Wrote: I agree after 2 marriages and raised 7 kids to adulthood.. I feel I've spent enough time being a parent now it's time for me to do the things I like and made me happy. Having friends to do it with is just a bonus.

My sons are 22 and 20 and amazing kids, but I'm ready to be free from being a parent and enjoy that they are nearly off the payroll!  The decades long self-sacrifice especially within a system (school, culture, gov't, economy) that really takes over the kid's life and the parent's life was exhausting and stifling.  I really resented that the school calendar ran my life and that the schools themselves were so bad that I ended up sending the kids to private school from K-12.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to free2enjoy for this post:
dawnann7 (12-16-2017)
I understand when I became a parent I gave it 100 percent dedication I gave up friends I gave up going to the movies I gave up going out to eat i focused all my attention on making sure my kids had the best chance in life now they're going to college there be coming nurse and there doing good so yeah it's time for me to enjoy life before I get to old. The hardest part was actually getting in the car and going once I started moving after a couple days on the road I realized this is for me some people call it nomatic I call it a sabbatical.

Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Jeremiah Diminovich for this post:
dawnann7 (12-16-2017), free2enjoy (12-12-2017)