Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sophia's Hauler...
Hi Y'all! Newb here from Middle Tennessee. We got our sweet little Hauler about 3 weeks ago.

Sophia is our little doggie and our project is all about her hauler unit, LOL!

Sophia's Hauler is a 2008 Chevy Express 3500 Extended WB model.
She was used as a medical supply unit, bringing those green Oxygen bottles to the home-bound folks.

Here are some images of what she looked like when we got her...

Thx, Dan'l
Big plans, Mini budget!!!
Check out my build here: Sophia's Hauler
And on Fakebook, look for us at: @Sophias.Hauler
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to galladanb for this post:
frater secessus (06-02-2017)
We decided to leave the regular radio in place, and are going to use a Bluetooth speaker system instead.
We are currently trying out the Sony XB2, it runs about $70 bucks and will suit our needs just fine.

Early on we decided to make sure EVERYTHING we do to her will be quickly removable, so that if we EVER have to change units for whatever reason, we can remove the mods and re-cycle them into the next one.

The exception will of course be the walls and insulation systems. But the bed platform, cabinets flooring, etc will all come will little muss or fuss.

Well at least that is the plan for now, LOL!!!
Thx, Dan'l
Add Thank You Reply
Welcome!

Nice van and designing a flexible interior, IMO, is the way to go. My stuff is bolted or chained or screwed down but I can take it out without too much trouble.

Sassy
- - - - - - - -
'02 Ford E350 DIY extended length hi-top cargo van
Conversions and Modifications:  Sassypickin's Van
Add Thank You Reply
Ha! I'll bet you all thought I forgot ya! I have been seriously slacking... It's just been too cold for adhesives, or paint, or raining... I know.... Whatever!

I did actually complete one mini project today. If you notice in the original pictures, there are four six inch vent circles, two per side. When running at highway speeds, we were getting a high pitch whistle kinda sound. I have suspected these vents were the cause or the wheels were sending sound via the unprotected wheel well arches. Well, I have placed insulation in these vents, and now we need to make a test run to see if the insulation has squelched it or not.

I also started making a cardboard mockup of wheel well covers that will go inside the bed platform...

Getting there!

Such fun!!!
Thx, Dan'l
Add Thank You Reply
I'm in middle TN too. (About an hour north of Chattanooga.) Nice looking van-keep us updated with the buildout!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to TooManyDogs for this post:
galladanb (12-13-2016)
(12-13-2016, 06:05 AM)TooManyDogs Wrote: I'm in middle TN too. (About an hour north of Chattanooga.) Nice looking van-keep us updated with the buildout!

Oh, Cool! When we get rolling and going, we want to head over to Savannah Ga, so we may hook up with you along the way!

Did you start a build thread as well? If so, can you share a linkie for it?
Thx, Dan'l
Add Thank You Reply
OH, Exciting news! Somebody came by and actually paid cash money for all thew take outs we had stacked at the side of the house!
Yeah, Now I can go buy some reflectix!!!
Thx, Dan'l
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to galladanb for this post:
frater secessus (06-02-2017)
(12-13-2016, 02:14 PM)galladanb Wrote: Oh, Cool! When we get rolling and going, we want to head over to Savannah Ga, so we may hook up with you along the way!

Did you start a build thread as well? If so, can you share a linkie for it?

I just got my van a few weeks ago and don't have a build thread. I'm not modifying much at this point: just built a bed and couple of storage areas for various things, and moved a desk in. I thought I would try the configuration out on a few trips to work out the kinks first.
Add Thank You Reply
That's a really nice van , have any pictures of the vents from a exterior view?
Edit: oh i see , you already have pictures of the vents (exterior view) sorry.
Add Thank You Reply
That's a nice starting point, sweet news on the internal stuff getting sold, less stuff, moar money to build with!
Add Thank You Reply