Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sophia's Hauler...
So... Using my friends loan of his Kreg pocket hole jig, I was able to make some progress on the supports for the bed platform! Yay!!!!

Shown here on the garage floor about 24 inches apart as they will be when in place.

And here it is with the skin on it...

Thx, Dan'l
Big plans, Mini budget!!!
Check out my build here: Sophia's Hauler
And on Fakebook, look for us at: @Sophias.Hauler
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to galladanb for this post:
ValerieP (10-28-2017)
Isn't that Pocket Jig just the neatest tool ever for van building!!

I show mine off every chance I get to all the ones who haven't done their interiors yet and to those that have but used angle brackets... Big Grin
Worry is a misuse of imagination!

Build link: http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...g-Arabella
Full-timer again as of November 24, 2015 - 14 glorious years on the road before that!

Add Thank You Reply
OMG, Yes!!! The one I'm borrowing from a friend (THANK YOU SIR DARYL!) Is an older one, a K2000, but what the hey, it works just wonderfully!!!!!

I am able to build out these bed supports by myself, and they are roc'm soc'm solid!!! AMAZING!!!

MY build is taking longer than I want, but hey, I'm not getting any younger or thinner!
I am turning 65 in March, and have been a couch potato since 2008. I lost my job when Obama got his! No politics, just the facts.
Thx, Dan'l
Add Thank You Reply
Started the mockup of the bed platforms. After two really cold days, the weather today was quite nice. Progress is coming...

Here, showing the wheel well covers first two sides, these will be insulated and sound deadner applied on the inside for maximum durability. The boxes will live inside the left and right bed platforms.

Showing the bed platform supports which will have a flip up cover. The white in the center is a folding table that will be used for either center support of the bed, or a dinette table, and it can also be used outside as a kitchen worksurface.

Thx, Dan'l
Add Thank You Reply
Looking good! What's going to go behind the bed, by the rear doors?
Add Thank You Reply
Unless I get a better idea, I'm planning on matching vertical cabinets...
I think about 18 inches deep, maybe 18 to 20 inches wide, full height?

We thought it would be good to have a "trunk" area... The center aisle will be two ft wide and full length front to back, for longer items, planning to have partitions to customize the space as needed. The dinette will have a u shaped seating that can be either towards the front or rear, and makes the whole thing into an almost king sized bed, should be about 70 x 80 if I get my way...

Up front on the drivers side, planning on two cabinets, either with same height or different, depending on what we settle on...
Thx, Dan'l
Add Thank You Reply
I'm building a "trunk" area behind my bed too. One side will hold my bicycle (stored vertically), and I haven't decided about the other side yet. Might just put a 5 gal bucket back there...
Add Thank You Reply
Uber chillin... Yuk! Anyway about the sawdust?
A thought?

Thx, Dan'l
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to galladanb for this post:
southern.nomad (12-17-2017)
Temps were good yesterday, and I was able to get the wheelwell boxes insulated and I figured out a way to hold the table/middle bed platform in place for more measuring.

More cutting and sawdust tomorrow!

Insulating the passenger side wheelwell.

Insulating the drivers side wheelwell.

Looking to rear from passenger side. Table in the center.

Looking to the front.

The side boxes are cavernous, should be able to hold lawn chairs and awning poles with room to spare.

Thx, Dan'l
Add Thank You Reply
Would it be a crime to work on her today, Being Christmas an all?
But, it would be a shame to waste these temps....
Even if the humidity is literally dripping from the chart!!!

Thx, Dan'l
Add Thank You Reply