Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Txjbird & Queenie on a Safari in a Safari
Big Grin On Sunday the 25th it will be my 1st anniversary on CRLV.  I had totally given up on ever being able to have a van to travel in.  My Mom who hasn't driven much in the past 3 years offered her 1998 Safari high top to me.  "As is where is" were her terms and I was barely able to convince her to let my Mechanic look at it.  So far I need a right front wheel speed sensor { whatever that is }  Also rear helper springs and a complete hitch and trailer light set up.  The Safari seems so low to the ground after 13ys of driving my 4x4 Ranger.

Coming out of Dothan Al  at dark 30.  I drove about 20 miles to a friends house...........with NO rear lights and only the "daytime" headlights on.  Hey in the Ranger you pull the light knob and all your lights come on....what can I say?  I had to buy a flashlight to find the dome light switch so I could see all the light switches.  There are so many switches and knobs I'm lucky I didn't hit the seat ejection switch...........I wonder if the automatic pilot system works Big Grin

Queenie who had her 1st Safari ride today is use to a bench seat.  She kept looking for the middle of the seat.  Unless she's hanging out a window like a hound dog she rides standing up, leaning against me with her front paws on the center arm rest.

If anyone can give me pointers on how to remove the 2 rear captins seats and the sofa/flip bed I'd appreciate all the help I can get.

I'm still working on the interior of the Aliner trailer.  Even with rain and cold days there was only 1 time I lighted 2 large candles to help take the chill off it.  Where it is stored it  has a roof and 3 sides with only the front open to the weather.  

Hopefully soon I will have pics posted of the changes I make so that both the Safari and Aliner will be outfitted to fit & fill Queenie and my needs on the road.

Happy Holidays To Everyone!

You know if I'd been better this year maybe Santa wouldn't have dropped me on the floor when I said "and I want a solar setup for the Safari and the Aliner    Angel  I'm glad Queenie bit the old so and so,You Go Girl Tongue

Jewellann and the Queen
 It's too bad that closed minds often are not equipped with closed mouths
               That's All I Have To Say About That.........Forrest Gump 
                           I'm Not Here Dodgy  You Didn't See Me     
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to Txjaybird for this post:
southern.nomad (12-10-2017), Wabbit (03-07-2017), AbuelaLoca (01-15-2017), BobBski (01-03-2017)
congrats Jewellann. does this mean you will be at the RTR? highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
southern.nomad (12-10-2017), Txjaybird (01-23-2017)
Nice, hope this works out well for you
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to ArtW for this post:
Txjaybird (02-02-2017)
Jewellann

Way to go on the safari. Awfully nice of your mom. You might have to get Queenie a footstool or sumtin to bridge the gap, I heard she was askin just where the button to the ejection seat was. Wink
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
Txjaybird (02-02-2017), highdesertranger (12-21-2016)
Do you have room to fill the gap with something like a milk carton or cooler and a pillow for Queenie?
Maybe a folding camp chair.....one of the kiddie ones??
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC CRVL edition
12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
(12-20-2016, 10:33 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: congrats Jewellann.  does this mean you will be at the RTR?   highdesertranger
I would like very much to be there.  I don't think I'll be able accomplish everything I need to do to prepare for that long of a trip..  The only heat source in the Safari is the dash heat.  I wouldn't feel comfortable towing the Aliner that far for our maiden voyage.  I do have a Aunt in Texas that will be 94 in January...still lives in her house.  We spoke on Sunday and I'm supposed to go meet her new man friend...he's younger don't cha know?  I'll see how that trip goes.

(12-20-2016, 10:47 PM)jimindenver Wrote: Jewellann

Way to go on the safari. Awfully nice of your mom. You might have to get Queenie a footstool or sumtin to bridge the gap, I heard she was askin just where the button to the ejection seat was. Wink
Yeah she better mind her manners or I'll ban her from sharing the heating pad!
Add Thank You Reply
(12-20-2016, 10:35 PM)ArtW Wrote: Nice, hope this works out well for you
Smile  Thank You,  Life is a strange critter.  It's been a strange year, just waiting for changes and BOOM!! Some change for the good and some for the well hell WTF was that all about.   Well at least it ain't boring Big Grin
(12-20-2016, 11:02 PM)rvpopeye Wrote: Do you have room to fill the gap with something like a milk carton or cooler and a pillow for Queenie?
Maybe a folding camp chair.....one of the kiddie ones??
I have 2 sizes of milk crates and a few of the single plastic drawer units.  I'll find one that fits there for storage and Queenie the poor thing will have to decide which of her 2 beds she wants there or just her big people bed pillow.  She is so spoiled and still refuses to do chores around the house, except for floor patrol when I'm cooking.
Add Thank You Reply
Congratulations on your new van and your anniversary! If the trip to Texas goes well just keep heading west and you'll be in Quartzsite in no time at all! ;-)
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to tonyandkaren for this post:
southern.nomad (12-10-2017), Txjaybird (12-22-2016)
Jewellann, if you pass thru the north side (Ft Worth Dallas) pm me and we'll break bread if you desire. You can audition my wonderful voice.

Rob
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Gunny for this post:
Txjaybird (12-24-2016)
(12-21-2016, 11:20 AM)Gunny Wrote: Jewellann, if you pass thru the north side (Ft Worth Dallas) pm me and we'll break bread if you desire. You can audition my wonderful voice.

Rob

Big Grin OK Buster,  You should watch out for what you wish for  Angel Does Sonny Bryan still have B B Q joints?

Jewellann
Add Thank You Reply