Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Txjbird & Queenie on a Safari in a Safari
Jewellann, you have not lost your spirit of adventure-I can feel it in your stories! Thank you for sharing them.
I feel the same frustration and anxiety stuck in my job as you do in your apartment. My office is pleasant enough, but feels like a cell. The door may be open but I can't leave. Just keep going day to day, knowing I am doing all I can to make a change. We'll both get there.

If I had a workshop I would try and build something and it would probably take on a vardo vibe. Either that or hobbit-ish!
a tag along vagabond, hopefully ftrv by 2020
tav-2020   http://tagalongvagabond.com
Add Thank You Reply
Smile MY FAMILY MADE IT THRU CHRISTMAS WITH NO DEAD BODIES......OR BLOWS.....OR CUSSIN'S. 
       DON'T LAUGH!  TAIN'T FUNNY Tongue

ANY PROGRESS TOWARDS TRAVELING IS AT ALMOST A COMPLETE STAND STILL.  I DON'T MIND THE COLD, HOWEVER COLD AND WET IS SOMETHING I RUFUSE TO WORK IN.   A DAMP UNHEATED STORAGE UNIT JUST DON'T CUT IT.  HOWEVER THERE IS  PLENTY TO DO HERE AT HOME.

LAST WEEK I LOOKED AT A JAYCO JAY FEATHER SMALL 2008 HYBRID FOR $5,000.  IT WAS NEARLY DARK AND THEY HAD JUST GOTTEN IT IN ON A TRADE.  IT WAS PARKED ON THE "BACK 40" AT A ANGLE.  I WAS ABLE TO RAISE THE FOLD OUT BED UP AND IT SEEMED VERY LIGHT.  BECAUSE OF THE ANGLE THE BACK END OF THE TRAILER SEEMED 15ft HIGH.  THE DEALER IS GETTING IT CLEANED UP AND SET UP SO I CAN TAKE ANOTHER LOOK.  THE LAY OUT WAS JUST WHAT Q AND I NEED.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE.

JEWELLANN AND QUEENIE
 It's too bad that closed minds often are not equipped with closed mouths
               That's All I Have To Say About That.........Forrest Gump 
                           I'm Not Here Dodgy  You Didn't See Me     
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Txjaybird for this post:
tav-2020 (12-28-2017), rvpopeye (12-27-2017)
Why TJB , I think you're getting excited.............. Huh
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC CRVL edition
12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
A real trailer with a potty and everything? Oh my!
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
Confused  EGGCITED?  Is that what this is?  I dunno.

ANGER..........AGGRAVATION............FRUSTRATION.........SADNESS   These I know well.

Excitement seems to fizzle out like a sparkler on the 4th of July........pretty while it lasts
          doesn't seem to last very long.

PEACE & QUITE.....I NEED A LOT OF THAT RIGHT NOW.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!  WHOOP-D-DO

JEWELLANN & QUEENIE = SHE'S CURLED UP ON A PLUSH LEOPARD PRINT BLANKET
                                                 + COVERED WITH HER SHRECK THROW, SLEEPING AGAIN
Add Thank You Reply
Yup excitment , you ARE allowed to , ya know ! Wink
Plus ,,,,you sure have earned it ! Big Grin
Leopard print and Shreck ?
Queenie is kinda kinky !
Did you get her in New Jersey ?
Reminds me of something I saw in Florida ! Tongue
Not enough exclamation marks , so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC CRVL edition
12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
Txjaybird (12-28-2017)
Enjoying excitement is like being on vacation. You can enjoy it to the fullest until it ends or ruin it worrying that it will end.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
Txjaybird (12-28-2017)
Today Q talked me into a short road trip down into FL.  She had a few low rent lotto tickets to collect on.   We made it about 8 miles when lights all over the instrument panel lit up.  The biggy was "Check Your Gages".  No oil pressure at all.  None showing on the stick either.  Long time on the roadside.

People were good about stopping.  I called Geico and a wrecker arrived.......finally.  Either Geico or S.E. Towing dispatch failed to tell the driver I needed about 4 or 5 qts of oil.  It was getting late in the day and colder.  I called someone who came right out and went for my oil and a King SIze Reese's PB Cups.  I hadn't eaten since getting up and had nothing with me to eat.  Bad/Stupid thing for a diabetic on 2 types of insulin to do.

Several qts. of oil and about 1/2 a mile later and no oil pressure again.  I pulled over, wrecker pulled over, friend on bike pulled over.  Safari had left a oil trail behind it.  So up went the Safari on the wrecker,  up I went into the wrecker and Queenie was handed up to me.  Queenie does not like big truck rides.  She posted her adventure on another forum.

I have no clue what's wrong with the Safari.  Someone commented it looked like it was leaking from the back of the engine.  I can't say for sure because by that time.....I'd backed down a steep hill to turn around, it had been dragged up a wrecker ramp digging the hitch bar and ball down in the ground.  Then the bed was lowered pushing it in the ground until it was leveled out enough to remove the hitch parts.......the bed was then raised again and one of the chains came loose so the Safari took another backward swan dive.  My mechanic will give the undercarrige a good going over.

So now it sits outside my place, taking up 2 parking spaces and loaded with stuff I need to bring inside to sort thru.  I can't even imagine what this will cost or where the xtra $$$ will come from.   40yrs ago I wanted to move to Wyoming and live 5 miles past the end of the mule trail.  Now I can't get 20 miles outside of town on a 2 lane store boughten hiway.   Sometimes life just sucks

Jewellann and Queenie
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Txjaybird for this post:
rvpopeye (12-30-2017)
Damn girl. If it weren't for bad luck.....
Add Thank You Reply
Smile  In exactly 1 week from me doing a happy dance within 2ft of a busy state hiway while waving my cell phone up in the air & trying to connect with my roadside service provider the Safari was back home and running well.

The bill was $234 which included a set of valve cover gaskets installed, retorqueing adjustments made to intake manifold,  all parts & labor & shop supplies.  Next is $120 for parts and labor for the switch that controls where the AC/Heater blows into the cab area. 

Then $30 to replace a new window motor.  I'm argueing with Autozone on that.  The motor worked less than 3mo and they are replacing the part as it has a lifetime warrenty.   I'm having trouble getting thru to them that neither I or my mechanic should be responsible for the additional labor costs to replace a defective part that was purchased from them.

The Safari is still a rolling storage closet Huh  Due to crappy weather and the new physical restrictions I'm dealing with I'm moving at a snails pace re: emptying storage units and readying the Safari & Aliner to travel.

I will not give up until I can't move a muscle and Queenie has to feed me!

Jewellann and Queenie
Add Thank You Reply