Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlights...
My 2008 Chevy Express headlights seem kinda dim...
I asked the Autozone guys, and they suggested a set of bulbs, low and high, four in total.
About Sixty bucks.

But Amazon suggested a single sealed beam unit for about eight bucks each side.
I can't tell from looking at them from the outside, if they are the sealed beam or bulb type.

Have any of you guys changed yours out and can offer advice?
Also, simple quartz halogen, or maybe the silver star ones?

I don't want to blind oncoming traffic, but I think a change is in order ASAP!!!

Your thoughts?
Thx, Dan'l
Big plans, Mini budget!!!
Check out my build here: Sophia's Hauler
And on Fakebook, look for us at: @Sophias.Hauler
Add Thank You Reply
if the lenses are plastic over the bulb you have a lot of DYS polish formulas on youtube usually a light abrasive with an old tee shirt.
or take the sunglasses off lol. How are your eyes?
2015 RTR  adrian.schafgans@gmail.com
Add Thank You Reply
Your truck doesn't use sealed beam head lights, unless you are talking about adding driving lights, those went away in the 90s
I've used the Silver Star bulbs and like them, and as wagoneer said, make sure the lenses aren't all scratched / fogged up
Add Thank You Reply
I posted a thing a while back about resorting headlight lenses, if yours need them.
I also suggest upgrading to high performance Sylvania bulbs whether you restore your headlights or not.
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...-the-cheap
[Image: W2lacLw.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
The auto zones ones plug into the glass housing from the back side. I am quite familiar with these.

The Amazon ones pictured for my specific truck were a sealed glass unit with the typical three spades sticking out of the glass housing, thus a sealed beam unit....

I'm asking if any of you guys have direct experience with my type of lights, which kind are they? I will most likely take them out soon enough and make the change regardless of which type they are. So thanks anyway, I guess?

The front glass or lenses are clear enough, so that is not the issue, but thx for the link, as my Honda Accord may need that soon enough, lol!
Thx, Dan'l
Big plans, Mini budget!!!
Check out my build here: Sophia's Hauler
And on Fakebook, look for us at: @Sophias.Hauler
Add Thank You Reply
Is your van the one in your avatar?
I see one headlight per side, that suggests they are the sealed beam, but it's hard to tell for sure because we're not there, and can't touch the headlights
if they're glass, they're sealed beam, if they're plastic, they take bulbs from behind
have you opened the hood and looked at them from under the hood?
It seems both were available that year
Add Thank You Reply
some of the higher end headlamps are made of glass and have replaceable bulbs. Dan is going to have to pop his hood and look for himself what type he has. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
they still make sealed glass headlights in newer vehicles?
Add Thank You Reply
Why and how to upgrade your lighting circuit:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/...elays.html

Its about voltage.

10.5V : 510 lumens
11.0V : 597 lumens
11.5V : 695 lumens
12.0V : 803 lumens
12.5V : 923 lumens
12.8V : 1000 lumens ←Rated output voltage
13.0V : 1054 lumens
13.5V : 1198 lumens
14.0V : 1356 lumens ←Rated life voltage
14.5V : 1528 lumens
Add Thank You Reply
(01-03-2017, 10:12 PM)ArtW Wrote: Your truck doesn't use sealed beam head lights

Chevy Express cargo vans do. The passenger version has different lights (and grill) and uses bulbs.
Someone wanted me to put this here: http://rollingsteeltent.blogspot.com/
Add Thank You Reply