Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1000 Trails Membership?
(10-06-2017, 12:40 PM)LizKS Wrote: ... I guess by the time June rolls around, I will know whether or not I am a Thousand Trails kind of girl and maybe do a membership or Zone pass then. 

Maybe or maybe not; ... not terribly familiar with many 1000 Trails campgrounds myself, but from talk around the campfires I guess the quality/amenities/etc. can vary greatly from campground to campground.  If, by June, you're leaning toward doing a membership/zone pass would probably be a good idea to see if you could get some type of "trial" passes/coupons to check out a few other locations for peace of mind --- may be more freely given because they know you're acquainted with the system and are considering doing a membership, etc. (???)
"Having the gumption to live different and the sense to let everybody else live different.  That's the hardest thing, hands down." --- Alice Venable Middleton
Add Thank You Reply
My one year TT zone pass just expired, wanted to see if staying at their campgrounds was worth it. While talking to the manager during one visit she explained the annual lease and about the 210 day stay limit. You should have been told about that upfront. But then she added that they are allowed only 35 annual leases and they have a waiting list of 40 people right now at their campground. She added that usually only one spot opens up each year so it would likely be 40 years before I could get an annual lease! I guess it's popular with alot of folks. I didn't renew my zone pass because that isn't really the type of camping we wanted to do, prefer a more 'rustic' camping style.
Add Thank You Reply
DealBreaker... you're from Dana Point and almost got stuck in an RV park in Menifee for a year? I'd say you dodged a bullet on that one! CA has some beautiful remote places, but I've never considered Menifee to be one of them.

Aspiring full-timer
2004 Extended E-350 SuperDuty build in progress 
Add Thank You Reply
Hey Aaron;

You are correct, Dana Point was a very cool sleepy little harbor town but all that has changed. The entire city is under massive development both residential and commercial. Traffic and construction related activities are just crazy. The harbor is getting ready to begin a $200M renovation with an estimated 10 year build out.

It was time to go.

No camping options in or around Dana Point... Doheny State Park is up to $60 per night. I found an all dirt RV park in Ortega Canyon for $850 per month. Orange Park Acres in Anaheim was $1200 per month. I bought my rig and parked it in Hemet near the Temecula Wine Country. My total nut out here runs about $650 per month including water, sewer, propane, electric and cable tv...

Down side is..... I'm in Hemet!
On the Ground Travel Channel - Jayco Jay Flight 23RB - Subaru Outback
Visit us on facebook
Add Thank You Reply
ha, I lived in Orange Park when the space was 140 a month. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
Deal Breaker (12-20-2017)