Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Security Disability Question
I met with an attorney that filed an initial claim for SSDI on my behalf. I'm late 50s PTSD, and have injuries from a gruesome accident years ago that have returned to affect my back (one of the fractures was my spine). 

I got a call from my attorney because Social Security is asking for a bank account and the routing number among one or two other pieces of information. Is this a good indicator that they are approvng my claim?
Add Thank You Reply
If your lawyer is a Nigerian princess that came highly recommended by the prince of Liberia it is surely a good sign. : )
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. 1 of Ten Cannots, Rev. William John Henry Boetcker, 1916.
Add Thank You Reply
Make sure first.
Trouble rather a tiger in his lair than a sage at his books. To you kingdoms and armies are mighty and enduring, to him they are toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. G Dickson.
Add Thank You Reply
Your bank information is needed on the initial SSDI application. SSDI cannot start to process your app until all the info is filled in. It's by direct deposit only so the sooner you give them what they need, the quicker the process will go.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to PathofAsha for this post:
vanman2300 (02-03-2017)
This is not a direct answer to your question, but instead some advice. A friend of mine is going for disability now. SS keeps asking her for more info, often with short turnaround times. Her lawyer said they play games like that to make you miss a deadline or provide wrong info so they can deny your claim. In other words, same game as private insurance plays. Keep sharp!
I am Vanholio! Click me, if you dare ...
Add Thank You Reply
What did your lawyer say?

Edit: never mind I'm a moron, missed the part that said it was your lawyer who called you.
96 Dodge Ram Van 3500 360 5.9L
Add Thank You Reply
On another site (mental health) 99% of those who apply for SSDI are refused AT LEAST the first time... many also the second time... some only qualify once they obtain an attorney. Stupid system imo.

Good wishes! It is a mind game with some employees there that have none.

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
Add Thank You Reply
(02-03-2017, 04:24 PM)Vanholio Wrote: This is not a direct answer to your question, but instead some advice. A friend of mine is going for disability now. SS keeps asking her for more info, often with short turnaround times. Her lawyer said they play games like that to make you miss a deadline or provide wrong info so they can deny your claim. In other words, same game as private insurance plays. Keep sharp!
Hey Vanholio, 

I clicked and dared. Loved your site. I found so much fun stuff to read and ideas.

Nomadic Mario
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Food Stamp & Social Security Info for anyone who is interested AmieW 18 2,268 12-27-2017, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Wanderer
  Social Security COLA rant :( Weight 19 1,136 12-24-2017, 07:29 AM
Last Post: mpruet
  Social Security Benefit Calculation BadSaver 27 2,763 11-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Wanderer