Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dometic CC-40US
Any one gone deep on the new Dometic CC-40US?  It is at an attractive price point.  First glance looks like it is lighter compressor.  Reliability MIGHT be okay given the smaller size.  It is competitively priced at approx $100 less than the similarly sized classic Dometic and the Whynter.  Engel is more competitive at this point as well.
-Douglas Tooley

My Blog
Add Thank You Reply
Google this . I found it selling for $329 with free shipping. Drylersonline,? don't quite remember the name.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
GuitarVanMan
Have guitar will travel.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to Tomcor for this post:
simplelife_seeker (11-01-2017), JCMiller23 (10-23-2017), DLTooley (03-20-2017)
I wonder at the capacity of this 'lightweight compressor'
The Sawafuji and danfoss compressors in a sub 2 cubic foot cool box are like having 400HP sports car in use as a grocery getter.  Unfortunately they are usually underventilated and cannot expunge the heat removed from the box as well as they could had there been the intent to really make something efficient.
Add to that the user/installer usually occluding the venting, or forcing it to work in an overheated vehicle, and then one needs 400HP and more battery and charging sources to power it and is underwhelmed at its performance.
When the condenser is force fed with coolest possible ambient air, and not allowed to recycle air it itself has preheated, the compressor does not have to work as hard or for as long to do the job asked of it.
I like having 400HP, and only ever asking it to deliver 75.  I wonder if this 'light weight' compressor would be like having 200HP and needing 150 of it to go get those groceries.
I guess time will tell.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to SternWake for this post:
frater secessus (03-21-2017), DLTooley (03-20-2017)
I think I'll take one for the team here and order the Dometic CC-40US. It's the perfect size for what I need and a great bargain to boot.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to UmpquaTim for this post:
JCMiller23 (10-23-2017), John61CT (07-12-2017), DLTooley (05-04-2017), frater secessus (05-03-2017)
(05-02-2017, 07:15 PM)UmpquaTim Wrote: I think I'll take one for the team here and order the Dometic CC-40US.  It's the perfect size for what I need and a great bargain to boot.

Where did you find it? Prices have been going up since the original introduction - Amazon is currently at $647.  I saw them in the $300's, which is my budget.  There are also unbranded items on EBay but it isn't clear if they are Dometics or just look alikes, and there is no manufacturer warranty listed.
-Douglas Tooley

My Blog
Add Thank You Reply
$335.99 with free shipping on Dyers RV Supplies

http://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-cc-40...eezer.html

Personally, I'm not comfortable with a "light-weight compressor" and a measly 12 month warranty. I'm holding onto my RTIC cooler until I can get something more substantial. But it has good reviews!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to KathyC for this post:
UptownSport (10-19-2017), GEAUX- PRIUS Cowboy (07-10-2017), Ballenxj (07-10-2017)
(05-08-2017, 09:19 PM)KathyC Wrote: $335.99 with free shipping on Dyers RV Supplies

http://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-cc-40...eezer.html

Personally, I'm not comfortable with a "light-weight compressor" and a measly 12 month warranty.  I'm holding onto my RTIC cooler until I can get something more substantial.  But it has good reviews!

It is a smaller cooler, so less demand on the compressor, **more or less**!
-Douglas Tooley

My Blog
Add Thank You Reply
(05-10-2017, 06:33 PM)DLTooley Wrote: It is a smaller cooler, so less demand on the compressor, **more or less**!

True enough!  

btw, I noticed the new CFX Dometics have a two year warranty.  The Engel, National Luna and ARBs are three years.  Something to consider when making a big investment like this.
Add Thank You Reply
I bought a Max Burton about 2 weeks ago.  $350. Delivered.
Yep I'll wait and see how long it lasts. I never drove an expensive car and always got where I needed to go......
Life is a gamble, especially this lifestyle.  So far it's a gem. Low amps and plenty of room. Since never having a fridge on the road, it is great to bed able to cook and freeze portions.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to JannaB for this post:
GEAUX- PRIUS Cowboy (07-11-2017), frater secessus (05-12-2017)
(05-11-2017, 12:39 PM)JannaB Wrote: I bought a Max Burton about 2 weeks ago.  $350. Delivered.
Yep I'll wait and see how long it lasts. I never drove an expensive car and always got where I needed to go......
Life is a gamble, especially this lifestyle.  So far it's a gem. Low amps and plenty of room. Since never having a fridge on the road, it is great to bed able to cook and freeze portions.

i've been eyeing these as well.  i was surprised to find that the larger compartment is the "freezer" section, and the smaller section is not as cold.  is that how yours is, and how does that work out for you?
Add Thank You Reply