Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dometic CC-40US
(05-11-2017, 12:39 PM)JannaB Wrote: I bought a Max Burton about 2 weeks ago.  $350. Delivered.
Yep I'll wait and see how long it lasts. I never drove an expensive car and always got where I needed to go......
Life is a gamble, especially this lifestyle.  So far it's a gem. Low amps and plenty of room. Since never having a fridge on the road, it is great to bed able to cook and freeze portions.

I look forward to your review!  These are certainly an economical choice, so anxious to hear how you like it and, more importantly, how it does on power consumption.

PS:  There seems to be a bit of a "revolution" in 12 volt compressor fridges -- a lot of competition for the $800 ARBs -- also evidenced by the deep discounts on Engels.  Either competition is heating up, or they are dropping the quality (I hope it's the former).
Add Thank You Reply
I think it's the introduction of cheaper units made in China that is driving prices down. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
I notice in Bob's new build video that he no longer had the Whynter and was using an older Dometic - in a space designed to vent properly.
-Douglas Tooley

My Blog
Add Thank You Reply
I sold the Whynter with my cargo trailer, but it was working perfectly when it left. I believe I had it for 4 years and it was zero problems.

The reason I let it go and switched to the Truckfridge (Indel B) was the Whynter was too big for the van. The Truckfridge was tall and smaller at the base so I fit in a van much better. It was also much cheaper than the others and they had a branch In Tuscon. If it ever needs service, I can take it to them for service.
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to akrvbob for this post:
Kathleen (08-10-2017), DLTooley (05-14-2017), Cammalu (05-14-2017)
Bob, mind if i ask why you got rid of your trailer? have you come up with a better solution?
Add Thank You Reply
It's always comfort versus freedom. I wanted more freedom and was willing to lose the comfort for it
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to akrvbob for this post:
GEAUX- PRIUS Cowboy (07-15-2017), caretaker (05-15-2017)
how has it been moving into a smaller van? and would you do it again? or is it too soon to tell yet?
Add Thank You Reply
(05-04-2017, 10:00 AM)DLTooley Wrote: Where did you find it?  Prices have been going up since the original introduction - Amazon is currently at $647.  I saw them in the $300's, which is my budget.  There are also unbranded items on EBay but it isn't clear if they are Dometics or just look alikes, and there is no manufacturer warranty listed.

I actually just got around to purchasing it.  I bought it through Dyers for $335.99 on July 4th, and it arrived today July 6th... Free Shipping too!  Assuming it works, it appears to be an awesome value give that it's about the same price as a CF18.

I'll report back soon!

Tim
Add Thank You Reply
I just ordered one too. $336.29, up 30 cents!
-Douglas Tooley

My Blog
Add Thank You Reply
The games Amazon plays...shows $425 for me.
Add Thank You Reply