Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dometic CC-40US
So, just a couple of notes here... none negative at all. The unit fired right up and was at 37 degrees in likely less than an hour (no food inside). It is a bit top heavy as the compressor is actually on the top of the unit and not the bottom. As such, the bottom/floor is the same level unlike other models. As a result, the unit is a bit top heavy so you'll want to be certain it's secured well.

Also, it's almost as if Dometic had planned for people to put this model between their front seats. It fits perfectly in my E350 with the vents on the top facing the rear. The lid opens from the drivers side and the controls/readout are also rear facing. I'm really pleased with how this worked out.

I cant' give much detail in regard to power consumption just yet. As for the fan, it is noticeable, but it's clean white sounding noise if that makes sense. In other words, the darn thing isn't clanking or squealing around. Certainly nothing that concerned me.

Cheers,

Tim
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to UmpquaTim for this post:
dr_nelson (07-10-2017), Ballenxj (07-10-2017), frater secessus (07-10-2017), highdesertranger (07-08-2017)
(05-11-2017, 12:39 PM)JannaB Wrote: I bought a Max Burton about 2 weeks ago.  $350. Delivered.
Yep I'll wait and see how long it lasts. I never drove an expensive car and always got where I needed to go......
Life is a gamble, especially this lifestyle.  So far it's a gem. Low amps and plenty of room. Since never having a fridge on the road, it is great to bed able to cook and freeze portions.

I am considering purchase of a Max Burton. Please tell me how yours is working out so far. What is the size? Can you share the power use? Thank you very much for any info!
Add Thank You Reply
(05-08-2017, 09:19 PM)KathyC Wrote:  

Thanks Kathy C I have been wanting one of these for a while and I just pulled the trigger on this you can't go wrong with that price on that quality product. A good freezer now I need a 100 watt flexible solar panel / controller to keep juice in the battery.
Add Thank You Reply
(07-10-2017, 10:18 AM)GEAUX- PRIUS Cowboy Wrote: Thanks Kathy C I have been wanting one of these for a while and I just pulled the trigger on this you can't go wrong with that price on that quality product.

Awesome!  I ended up getting the Dometic CFX40 because they had a special at Overland Expo and they threw in the insulated cover.  So far, it's fantastic as a fridge.  I'll report back on power consumption in the real world once we put it to some tougher tests.
Add Thank You Reply
I got this unit running for 6+ weeks now and am very happy with it.
I have it set ar 32f and does a good job as a fridge. Have not tested as a freezer.

I got it hooked to x2 12v 125ah vmax with x4 100w flexible panels. I also power a desktop, fan and gadgets with this setup. Never been below 12.7 volts

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
(07-10-2017, 10:18 AM)GEAUX- PRIUS Cowboy Wrote: Thanks Kathy C I have been wanting one of these for a while and I just pulled the trigger on this you can't go wrong with that price on that quality product. A good freezer now I need a 100 watt flexible solar panel / controller to keep juice in the battery.

This freezer cost about what you would spend on ice for a year? I love to shop at sams club and get their warm and eat meals. Not the best for your health but way better than fast food.
Add Thank You Reply
For some reason Dyers Online, an RV parts place, has the price of the CC (or CF) model $90 lower than Amazon and Walmart. It is listed as a 'clearance', but I suspect it is some price elasticity testing on the part of Dometic. It is NOT the same model as the CFX which has a max (minimum) temperature of well below zero. The CF/CC is around zero. As Dometic is a quality brand I presume they are doing a quality job.

There are others including the Della and the Max Burton and some completely unbranded models. It is not clear if these are knock offs or manufactured by Dometic/Waeco as a continuing part of a competitive pricing strategy. Some of these are warranted, some not. I trust the Dometic, 1 year, warranty.
-Douglas Tooley

My Blog
Add Thank You Reply
wow Dometic only has a 1 year warranty. Engel has a 3 year warranty and I just checked they still have the sale prices in effect. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
(07-11-2017, 02:13 PM)DLTooley Wrote: For some reason Dyers Online, an RV parts place, has the price of the CC (or CF) model $90 lower than Amazon and Walmart.  It is listed as a 'clearance', but I suspect it is some price elasticity testing on the part of Dometic.  It is NOT the same model as the CFX which has a max (minimum) temperature of well below zero.  The CF/CC is around zero.  As Dometic is a quality brand I presume they are doing a quality job.  

There are others including the Della and the Max Burton and some completely unbranded models.  It is not clear if these are knock offs or manufactured by Dometic/Waeco as a continuing part of a competitive pricing strategy.  Some of these are warranted, some not.  I trust the Dometic, 1 year, warranty.

It's my understanding that the CC has Dometics own compressor vs. using the Dan Foss compressor.   I don't know how true this is, but I've heard that the Dan Foss compressor is a bit overkill in some situations.  I wish I knew more about it.

-T
Add Thank You Reply
(07-11-2017, 03:15 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: wow Dometic only has a 1 year warranty.   Engel has a 3 year warranty and I just checked they still have the sale prices in effect.  highdesertranger

Hmmm...my Dometic has a two year warranty (+ two years from my credit card company, which is probably worthless).  Still, the Engel has 'em beat!
Add Thank You Reply