Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dometic CC-40US
yeah keep us updated. just 90 days doesn't seem like much. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
Okay... all is well. I'm just an idiot Smile To "tx2sturgis" credit, it was indeed a fuse. I was not aware that there was an 8amp fuse in the actual dc receptacle itself. I had only checked the blade fuses on my fuse block.

I tested the unit on AC and everything worked great, which got me thinking about the fuses again. A couple of YouTube videos later, and I had a complete video guide.

I now have extra 8amp fuses, but once my confidence level is higher, I'll butt-splice the cord into the 10AWG wire that runs to my fuse block.

Cheers!

-T
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to UmpquaTim for this post:
frater secessus (08-09-2017), highdesertranger (08-09-2017)
(08-08-2017, 08:14 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: yeah keep us updated.  just 90 days doesn't seem like much.  highdesertranger

90 Days isn't much at all.  I think this is likely one of the big differences between the lower end model and their standard line.  For what it's worth, Dyers RV was super cool.  

-T
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to UmpquaTim for this post:
highdesertranger (08-09-2017)
I hope this is a rare occurrence as I just received my CC-40 US a couple of weeks ago. Run on a/c and d/c as test, then as as freezer 20f to note cycle times over 3 days now running 32f for over a week now.
So far the only discrepancy I find is the temperature readings are approx 4 degree's above the control temp setting.

MM
2015 Transit T350 148''wb LR 3.7 gas.

320 watts solar, 200 ah house battery

Longview Texas
Add Thank You Reply
great, glad it was something simple. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
Good outcome!

Big Grin

Just FYI:

If you are using the included cigarette lighter plug, those plug contacts can oxidize, heat up, and can cause the fuse inside to blow even though the current was not overly high.

In other words, ditch the plug and wire it direct, but be sure you have an inline fuse, or the proper fuse in the fuse panel to the cooler.
---Brian

Texas Panhandle

Add Thank You Reply
Maybe don't cut off the plug end until the warranty is up :-)

And this is a reminder for all of use to discover what fuses lurk in our appliances and to carry extras. /scribbles note to self
blog/brainstorming  | Promaster 159" high roof build <-- white and nerdy
Retirement w/small pension:  May 15, 2025
Add Thank You Reply
(08-09-2017, 02:53 PM)frater secessus Wrote: Maybe don't cut off the plug end until the warranty is up  :-)

Or, just order a new DC cord and cut that one!

Tongue
---Brian

Texas Panhandle

Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to tx2sturgis for this post:
frater secessus (08-10-2017), highdesertranger (08-09-2017)