Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unlimited AT&T $20 a month
So I have been reading over on Howardforums.com in the AT&T section. As mentioned above the Mobley deal isn't quite dead yet but you do have to jump through hoops. One person tried rep after rep until they found one able to provision it. Another bought the Mobley for $99 and signed up for the $10 a month, 1 gig and unlimited 128k plan, had issues with the device and called to cancel it. That got him the loyalty department where he was told the Mobley plan was still there but not advertised to the public. Only some reps knew how to do it and that was one of them. He was signed up for the $20 plan and 2 year contract.

The$10 a month plan isn't bad for the truly low end user. 128k after the first 1 gig at high speed does email, forums and even streaming music without a huge difference in noticeable speed. Browsers like Opera are designed to be used at low speeds by compressing pictures and ads. Something to consider if it works for you and not just this device either. There are multiple plans with low speed after the high speed is used up. 4GAS use to sell a unlimited hotspot that was only 2G speeds for $6 a month. TPO's unlimited T/T and unlimited 64k after the first gig of high speed for $7.99 with auto pay is another. (one person reported 128k speeds) That is unlimited everything for the none streaming user.

So the Mobley deal may be on life support but it ain't dead just yet. If you are able to do it and I understand the Mobley is in stock for $99, then you will have to talk to a rep to get it activated.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
bigguy (12-23-2017), Gardenias (10-28-2017)
I was just able to order the ZTE Mobley on the ATT website. It is in stock, either free or $99, depending on the contract you choose. Currently there are 2 plans available, 1 gig and 5 gig. I got the 5 gig for $25 per month.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to jdpenn for this post:
bigguy (12-23-2017), OGGWild (12-21-2017), Peterson (12-20-2017)
Thanks for the update, jdpenn!  

It's interesting that they've capped it at 5 gigs for $25 and are charging $60 for unlimited on a phone at 3mbps maximum - or $90 for unlimited at "our fastest speed" with a mobile hotspot at 10gb per line with a max of 128kbps on the hotspot.  

HBO is included on either the $60 or $90 plans for those who might enjoy it.  

Peterson
Add Thank You Reply
FWIW, I just corresponded with one of the eBay sellers of Moblely devices. (S)he indicated that, with a Mobley device and an OnStar-capable vehicle, $20 per month data plans are available from OnStar. I didn't pursue it further because I don't have an OnStar vehicle.
Add Thank You Reply
I spoke with AT&T. I'm missing something here. He tells me that it is actually $65 per month to have this device, and that it is a separate plan - So, I'd have my unlimited phone plan ($200) PLUS $65 for this device? What? No. Can you explain this? I'm old and missing something huge here
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better ~ Albert Einstein
Add Thank You Reply
The cut off date for the really good deal was last summer. You may still be able to get it through the loyalty department as I posted above, I do not know personally. I can tell you that the stores had no idea and I was the one explaining to them in three instances.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
Sorry to possibly side-track here, but I have not been able to activate that free HBO, even though I followed the link from the AT&T dashboard. All I got was an offer to sign up for HBO online for a fee and I even think they wanted a 2 year commitment... at that point I closed the browser session... Wink
One half of "The Cruisin' Crew" (my significant other is TKay). Professional Music Composer for 32+ years. Traveling in "Vanessa", a 2002 Four Winds Chateau Sport (29ft Class C)
Add Thank You Reply
(12-21-2017, 07:01 PM)Connelly Wrote: I spoke with AT&T. I'm missing something here. He tells me that it is actually $65 per month to have this device, and that it is a separate plan - So, I'd have my unlimited phone plan ($200) PLUS $65 for this device? What? No. Can you explain this? I'm old and missing something huge here

I don't know what the current disposition might be, but I can say from my own experience, the CS Department doesn't know squat about this.  Be sure you are talking to the "connected car" division.  Their CS rep all but called me a fool to suggest that I could get an unlimited plan for $20.  Then after almost giving up, I called their connected car division... "Yes sir, I can help you with that plan!"  This was months ago, so not sure what they are offering now but if you get the feeling that the person you are talking to is clueless... they probably are Smile

-T
Add Thank You Reply
It is very common for people well educated in online forums know **lots** more than CS reps or even their management, about their employers non-mainstream offerings.

HowardForums is a great resource with a bit of Google Fu
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unlimited Verizon 3G $5 a month jimindenver 936 130,306 10 hours ago
Last Post: Goshawk
  Verizon 3G MiFi Unlimited $5 a month Jeanne Temple 12 389 01-16-2018, 07:33 PM
Last Post: B and C
  Unlimited Sprint LTE for $14 a month. jimindenver 59 8,540 01-07-2018, 08:45 PM
Last Post: RMtnMik