Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unlimited AT&T $20 a month
I don't know but it definitely would be hard to use my booster cradle with it plugged into the truck, plus I believe my brake controller to the trailer is using the port.

As a update.

I tried reordering it through AT&T but didn't chose the free option this time only to have the order cancelled again. I tried to order it online at Best buy but that wouldn't work either. My choices at this point is to buy it off of ebay for $99 and have it shipped to the shippers in Cottonwood or order it in store in Prescott and activate it when it shows up 9 days later. I am going to do it in store as I am coming up to the 14 day limit here in Coconino NF anyways and need to move. It's a hour and a half drive so I will do it after I move over there, I just don't like to leave the trailer unattended for long. That way it's free with a 2 year contract at $20 a month unlimited.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
Every Road Leads Home (04-10-2017)
Just got the email canceling my order too, because they couldn't confirm my identity. Wish they could call you to verify whatever needs verifying in their minds. Ahh well, I suppose i can make a trip to the local store and see if they have one.
I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.
Add Thank You Reply
Check the best buys in your area, if none have it, have them order it in. You still get it free with the two year commitment. That sounds bad but at $20 a month, I'd rather they not have the option to change their mind about the cost.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
Goshawk (04-23-2017), Every Road Leads Home (04-10-2017)
Ha, you think just like me. I normally will pay up front to avoid a contract but in this case I'd rather be locked in for the two years in case they decide after six months the unlimited plans aren't working for them
I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Every Road Leads Home for this post:
jimindenver (04-11-2017)
Yesterday I finally got to order my Mobley device. What a ordeal it has been. I couldn't order it online with AT&T. I couldn't order it online at Best buy. I couldn't order it in store at Best buy unless they had one. I finally went to a AT&T store, had to show the guy that it could be had for $20 a month for unlimited data without having a AT&T account already, went through a verification check and had it sent to the shipper in Cottonwood who will redirect it to where I am when it gets there. No upfront cost with the two year contract.

It would have been easier had a AT&T store or a Best Buy had one in stock.

Quite the hassle all in all but it will be worth it for unlimited data at $20 a month. For those that say AT&T isn't as good as Verizon, my Cricket phone on AT&T with no roaming has had a signal everywhere my Verizon hotspot has in Quartzsite, Yuma, Ehrenberg, Sedona and now in
Prescott. That's without the booster and I was along way from anything in Sedona and Prescott.

Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
pnolans (04-19-2017), mdoverl (04-17-2017), Dennis (04-16-2017)
Ok, so this is weird.  I ordered my Mobley, and got it the next day.  I now have it, but have not figured out how to use it, because I DIDN'T order the adaptor cable.  I'm on my way into the BIG CITY today for a Dr.s appt, and hope I can find one there.  

Else, I hear post 16 is positive and post 4 is negative. 

How did I get it so fast?  Without thinking, I used my friends physical address out here in BFE.  I tried to have it shipped here, but have my physical address be my mailbox in Co. Springs.   That didn't work, so I left his address as mine. Anyway, I've got it, and if I can find an adaptor, I'll rig up a 12 volt power source with batteries and use that.  I've got one somewhere that I've used to do troubleshooting on other 12V stuff.  Just 8 AA batteries in a couple of holders. 

Pat
Add Thank You Reply
Does anyone know if this device will work on older vehicles with OBD1 computers and connectors?

Tom
Also officially hates touch screens ... and not so smart phones ... oh, and those squeaky little shoes that Satan invented for toddlers.

Add Thank You Reply
Pat, plug it into the port on your truck if nothing else. Otherwise I saw te video were the guy hacked the battery pack. Also I am envious that you got yours first. :p

Tom, I do not know

Add Thank You Reply
I've been wondering the same thing Pat.  I don't like ordering from Ebay and that seems to be the only place to get the adapters or even parts.  I would order the parts, but they come from China and wouldn't be here until the middle of June.  Seems like $40 (with shipping) is pretty excessive a price for this power adapter.  So anyone have any idea where one could get OBD2 parts in the US?  Could I find a male to female cable and cut off the male end? Something like this? 

https://www.amazon.com/PRODIAG-Female-Extension-Diagnostic-Extender/dp/B01N2JJ8O3/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1492699162&sr=1-3&keywords=obdII+male+female+cable

Hook up the wires corresponding the pos and neg to a 12 volt source?  How could I determine which those are?  Does the picture below seem right?  Just look for the red and black wires?  Could it really be that simple?

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=3414&d=13745...28b7c777ea]
- Cindi
Add Thank You Reply
The connector will be in almost every 1996 or newer car, so they should be available at every junkyard. Car parts places may also have them, but as replacement parts for specific vehicles. The unused pins may not be populated.
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unlimited Verizon 3G $5 a month jimindenver 936 130,738 01-18-2018, 03:00 AM
Last Post: Goshawk
  Verizon 3G MiFi Unlimited $5 a month Jeanne Temple 12 416 01-16-2018, 07:33 PM
Last Post: B and C
  Unlimited Sprint LTE for $14 a month. jimindenver 59 8,562 01-07-2018, 08:45 PM
Last Post: RMtnMik